Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe another?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah yeah, if it's lower teams I'll put a max squad average of 80-82 or 85-86. Still unsure as to whether we should go for higher or lower teams though :/ I'd like higher myself I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ah yeah, if it's lower teams I'll put a max squad average of 80-82 or 85-86. Still unsure as to whether we should go for higher or lower teams though :/ I'd like higher myself I think

85/86 sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

So any updates? :)

My last exam finishes the 29th, I'll set it up soon after :) still not sure which teams though :/

My last exam finishes the 29th, I'll set it up soon after :) still not sure which teams though :/

Haha mine finish Wednesday of next week :p No panic :)

• Advertisement

Have it bought and ready to go just need to decide teams, rule, divisions, etc

I know the poll is leaning, just, to smaller teams but I think I'd rather bigger teams. I think with the smaller teams, people will lose interest when they can't buy decent players. Some will love scouting for upcoming talent, others won't and will inevitably leave

I'm still undecided but that'd be my view

I was also thinking 3 divisions x 10 teams so the league isn't long and drawn out. You get knocked out of a cup, it'll only be a few weeks before you're back in.

Bottom two relegated

Can't but from unmanaged teams

Login 7/14 days

I'm happy to roll with whatever you decide. Will enjoy big teams anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I know the poll is leaning, just, to smaller teams but I think I'd rather bigger teams. I think with the smaller teams, people will lose interest when they can't buy decent players. Some will love scouting for upcoming talent, others won't and will inevitably leave

I was also thinking 3 divisions x 10 teams so the league isn't long and drawn out. You get knocked out of a cup, it'll only be a few weeks before you're back in.

Bottom two relegated

Login 7/14 days

I like the sound of that ...

I'm in a GW with leagues of 10 teams , nice quic turn around on seasons

On the teams I reckon stick up the 30 teams you want to go with ... if people want to pick some one below the top30, let them. all those that want a team from the top 30 list ... open draw and then open draw for divisions too

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Bottom two relegated

Login 7/14 days

smaller divisions sound great, are we picking teams or is it gonna be random? also are managers who finish bottom getting sacked? :eek:

This thread needs a list:

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Honestly i think a league with small teams will flop, the novelty will be great at the start then players will slowly lose interest.

I also think limiting the amount of teams is a good thing, otherwise you are left with a load of unmanaged teams

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

3. Maldjd23!!

Me next

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto

Also, I'm inclined to agree with GT's point. Personally, I'd love to manage another smaller team, especially if it's against bigger team. I'm actually in a similiar league to the one your thinking of setting up so ideally I'd choose the same club as that league for here, and then leave that league as it is a bit dull and lifeless!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ill join up since I got a free extra club slot today.

Sure if we're doing a mix of teams may as well start calling em once your ready Kersplat?

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie

Sure if we're doing a mix of teams may as well start calling em once your ready Kersplat?

I would say let Kersplat publish his list of proposed teams first ( the ones from which there would be a draw if people agree with that system). Once you see the list and want to pick a team outside the list, then lets start nominating ... (in order of registration?) .

People that want to take one of the listed teams will get one drawn for them once kersplat is ready

again if agreeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'll throw my hat in, also Eireannbear would like to join - it wouldn't be the same without him

I would say let Kersplat publish his list of proposed teams first ( the ones from which there would be a draw if people agree with that system). Once you see the list and want to pick a team outside the list, then lets start nominating ... (in order of registration?) .

People that want to take one of the listed teams will get one drawn for them once kersplat is ready

again if agreeable

Aw so you mean if you want a club from the list, it's a draw and you might get a different team on the list? :( That sucks, just my own opinion of course :(

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear

Aw so you mean if you want a club from the list, it's a draw and you might get a different team on the list? :( That sucks, just my own opinion of course :(

on the other leagues, the big complaint was that people missed big teams because they were 10th or worse on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir

I'm in :)

on the other leagues, the big complaint was that people missed big teams because they were 10th or worse on the list

Think I might leave it so, not bring awkward, it's just if I get a random team I'm not mad about my heart won't be in it and that's not fair to the GW. Thanks anyway :)

Think I might leave it so, not bring awkward, it's just if I get a random team I'm not mad about my heart won't be in it and that's not fair to the GW.

Hold off to see the list ... you might have a team in mind outside the list?

the picing a team outside the 30 picked by Kersplatt is my suggestion, he might not go for it, but I think he was probably going to randomly assign the team no matter what type teams we went with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh

I dunno about random, I'd like to pick a team and have some attachment to them and actually want to manage them...

I'll look into it more tomorrow

Cheers for starting the list :)

• Advertisement

I dunno about random, I'd like to pick a team and have some attachment to them and actually want to manage them...

I'll look into it more tomorrow

Cheers for starting the list :)

I agree, don't make it random.

Advertisement