Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe another?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ah, I've no preference for random or nor, I just thought that lots of people were disolutioned the ls few times as they were 15th or so on the list and the 'good teams' were gone by the time it was their turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

How about not having the top 10 teams in the league? That way we can all bid on the likes of bale, ronaldo and messi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Me too

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I dunno about random, I'd like to pick a team and have some attachment to them and actually want to manage them...

I'll look into it more tomorrow

Cheers for starting the list :)

How about we all pick small teams that mean something too us? If we make it rich economy then we can all turn small team into teams of galactos? I don't see people losing interest either as if all the top teams are left out that means theres loads of players available at the big clubs! Imagine wilberto signing Ronaldo for Stockport or me signing Messi for Cork City etc. I think smaller teams be great!!

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh
    12. Mrmac84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh
    12. Mrmac84
    13. Gerp99

Kersplat, if you are going donw the road of picking teams ... do you want to start us off? this way we can populate the list and get the teams added, 2 birds one road-side enormous rock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh
    12. Mrmac84
    13. Gerp99
    14. Colemania

Will have to leave one of my current leagues (all 3 are from boards) and it'll either be my beloved Liverpool in Copa del Boards as they're in freefall or it'll be Queens Park but I would prefer to keep these

Colemania wrote: »
    1.KERPSLAT!!
    2.GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh
    12. Mrmac84
    13. Gerp99
    14. Colemania

Will have to leave one of my current leagues (all 3 are from boards) and it'll either be my beloved Liverpool in Copa del Boards as they're in freefall or it'll be Queens Park but I would prefer to keep these

get GOLD membership, its 1/2 price currently!

Will have to leave one of my current leagues (all 3 are from boards) and it'll either be my beloved Liverpool in Copa del Boards as they're in freefall or it'll be Queens Park but I would prefer to keep these[/quote]

U can buy extra club slots for a few euros if u dont want gold membershop

• Advertisement

Will have to leave one of my current leagues (all 3 are from boards) and it'll either be my beloved Liverpool in Copa del Boards as they're in freefall or it'll be Queens Park but I would prefer to keep these[/quote]

U can buy extra club slots for a few euros if u dont want gold membershop

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Throw me down for a team

1. KERPSLAT!!
    2. GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh
    12. Mrmac84
    13. Gerp99
    14. Colemania
    15. beakerjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Colemania wrote: »

I got an extra club slot after the update (total of 4) - I'm assuming it applies for all non-gold members

Regarding the pick-your-own-small-team - it could work, but someone's favourite small team could be bigger than another persons favourite small team (if that makes sense?)

I got an extra club slot after the update (total of 4) - I'm assuming it applies for all non-gold members

Regarding the pick-your-own-small-team - it could work, but someone's favourite small team could be bigger than another persons favourite small team (if that makes sense?)

It does but it makes the dealings in the transfer market much more interesting and every one can build their dream teams as all the big players are available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

If you had small teams but a rich economy how much cash do they start with?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It does but it makes the dealings in the transfer market much more interesting and every one can build their dream teams as all the big players are available!

Ah yeah, I'm not knocking it - it's like the only team I'd have any interest in managing (apart from my beloved Everton) is Brighton and Hove Albion, which is what I meant - wouldn't be fair if I picked them while someone else went with Cork City, Stockport, etc.

Saying that, I'd take a random small/equal team but it wouldn't quite be the same

Just checked there, there are now five slots for multiplayer

If you had small teams but a rich economy how much cash do they start with?

I'm not sure but remember every player can potentially be bought for their chairmans minimum value! No neogating or nothing if your the only player interested!

Ah yeah, I'm not knocking it - it's like the only team I'd have any interest in managing (apart from my beloved Everton) is Brighton and Hove Albion, which is what I meant - wouldn't be fair if I picked them while someone else went with Cork City, Stockport, etc.

Saying that, I'd take a random small/equal team but it wouldn't quite be the same
    Well that would be the choice of the players IMO. Or the other way is kersplat picks 30 teams of equal status from outside the premier divisions in Europe and he assigns us all a club! Which in turn we'll all most likely rip apart the squad we started with an build a totally new one which will give us all a big interest in those clubs then!

• Advertisement

Well that would be the choice of the players IMO. Or the other way is kersplat picks 30 teams of equal status from outside the premier divisions in Europe and he assigns us all a club! Which in turn we'll all most likely rip apart the squad we started with an build a totally new one which will give us all a big interest in those clubs then!

Ah tis grand, probably fussing over nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Throw me in as well, might as well have something else to keep me away from work!

1. KERPSLAT!!
    2. GT_TDI_150
    3. Irishgoldberg
    4. Maldjd23
    5. The Governor
    6. Wilberto
    7. Tinie
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. Eireannbear
    10. Tommycahir
    11. Seaneh
    12. Mrmac84
    13. Gerp99
    14. Colemania
    15. beakerjoe
    16. Manzoor14

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

How about we all pick small teams that mean something too us? If we make it rich economy then we can all turn small team into teams of galactos? I don't see people losing interest either as if all the top teams are left out that means theres loads of players available at the big clubs! Imagine wilberto signing Ronaldo for Stockport or me signing Messi for Cork City etc. I think smaller teams be great!!

I think you meant to say Southend!! :P :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    I think you meant to say Southend!! :P :D

Southend ,Stockport same thing ha ha!! Small teams all the way IMO!

Southend ,Stockport same thing ha ha!! Small teams all the way IMO!

Suppose if people can pick teams and enough want small /medium teams there should be a good balance

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Suppose if people can pick teams and enough want small /medium teams there should be a good balance

No good if the rest have top teams then it'll take years too compete if ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Sure you can rest easy knowing you'll win something by season 10 at least :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Not necessarily. I have Cork City fighting for a play-off place in only the second season of the Copa Del Boards league.

In a smaller league it can be done because the TV revenue generated is massive. Although, I'm not sure if this was down to the size of the Copa league, or due to the fact that all the top teams were in it, which may mean that the more small teams that are in it, the less TV revenue a club makes. But in truth, I don't know!

Also, I received a sizeable enough cash injection just after the start of the second season as a result of being in a league with all big teams.

The thing about small teams is that you really have to manage your money wisely. As far as I remember, I started with pennies in the other league and you're relying on free agents and then selling them on for a profit, or trading them with externals for a better player. I can definitely understand it not being for everyone. Personally, I find it much better/interesting/entertaining but that's just me.

• Advertisement

Thats why I think small teams be the way too go and build them into the galacticos you want them
    Too be

Advertisement