Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe another?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

tonic wine wrote: »
    It's your league mate, don't get me wrong, but have we not enough leagues with big teams?

I thought the idea of this league was for small teams, all battling it out with the dream of capturing a big name signing, as all superstars will be available if all big clubs are external?

I'm with Tonic with this. What's the point if it's just going to be Copa Mk II? All small teams or it's pointless. Pick a max squad level like say 85 and under and then let people pick from those squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

As others have said before, can it be different from the copa league and im sure theres plenty playing this game that have the big teams in other gamesworlds. Y not make this league different?

As others have said before, can it be different from the copa league and im sure theres plenty playing this game that have the big teams in other gamesworlds. Y not make this league different?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

What if we kept the "pick-any-team" idea but started the league in such a way that the lower ranked teams were in the top divisions and the bigger teams in the lower divisions? More prize money for the lower teams that way?

Just an idea though.

What if we kept the "pick-any-team" idea but started the league in such a way that the lower ranked teams were in the top divisions and the bigger teams in the lower divisions? More prize money for the lower teams that way?

Just an idea though.

Wouldn't make a difference, when you start with such a massive imbalance you end up with a two tier system and it's pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Just an idea though.

Prize money is ****e in general, but I like your idea teams with lower ratings starting at the top, and the teams with the higher ratings starting at the bottom.

As Seaneh suggested, quickest way would be everyone picks any team they want, but have a rating cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Have to say i would prefer big teams, not sure i would have the interest to start with a crap team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

tonic wine wrote: »
    Prize money is ****e in general, but I like your idea teams with lower ratings starting at the top, and the teams with the higher ratings starting at the bottom.

As Seaneh suggested, quickest way would be everyone picks any team they want, but have a rating cap.
    Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Have to say i would prefer big teams, not sure i would have the interest to start with a crap team.

I get what your saying, but as Maldjd23 says - if you force some people to pick a smaller team they will soon lose interest - the club I want to start with are in the low 80's though, so it makes no major odds to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You're right, it would be handy. Would be even better if I could make up my mind on the teams so that this could happen! :/

I'll have an answer for tomorrow and have my team picked by tomorrow evening :)

:rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I said big clubs but people weren't happy then others said they want big clubs...

Leave it with me

• Advertisement

I just reckon pleant people have said they will take small teams, some want big teams ... me personally I want a medium team ...

I reckon people are getting sick of big clubs ... so you might be surprised at the split.

Also the squad cap from the Copa might stop the big team taking all the talent and ensure a fairer divide

Application Form :p
    Manager | Chosen Team
    1. KERPSLAT!! |
    2. GT_TDI_150 |
    3. Irishgoldberg |
    4. Maldjd23 |
    5. The Governor |
    6. Wilberto |
    7. Tinie |
    8. Hercule Poirot |
    9. Eireannbear |
    10. Tommycahir |
    11. Seaneh |
    12. Mrmac84 |
    13. Gerp99 |
    14. Colemania |
    15. beakerjoe |
    16. Manzoor14 |
    17. Jukebox2310 |
    18. Peanut Butter Jelly (RIP?) |
    19. Tonic wine |
    20. Al Capwned |
    21. TheGunns |

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I just reckon pleant people have said they will take small teams, some want big teams ... me personally I want a medium team ...

I reckon people are getting sick of big clubs ... so you might be surprised at the split.

Also the squad cap from the Copa might stop the big team taking all the talent and ensure a fairer divide

I like the idea of a cap, even smaller then the copa. 30 or there abouts, expect nobody will agree but i think it makes it more of a challenge and allows the wealth to be shared even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

I would be interested. Have Liverpool in the boards league. Think i may have a slot available.

We can definitely try a cap again. 30 seems a bit low though.. How would 30 over 21 and 10/20 under 21? The problem again is enforcing the rule

Manager | Chosen Team
    1. KERPSLAT!! |
    2. GT_TDI_150 |
    3. Irishgoldberg |
    4. Maldjd23 |
    5. The Governor |
    6. Wilberto |
    7. Tinie |
    8. Hercule Poirot |
    9. Eireannbear |
    10. Tommycahir |
    11. Seaneh |
    12. Mrmac84 |
    13. Gerp99 |
    14. Colemania |
    15. beakerjoe |
    16. Manzoor14 |
    17. Jukebox2310 |
    19. Tonic wine |
    20. Al Capwned |
    21. TheGunns |
    22. Danwhite88 |

We can definitely try a cap again. 30 seems a bit low though.. How would 30 over 21 and 10/20 under 21? The problem again is enforcing the rule

while I'm for the squad cap I think it would only complicate things by splitting it by number of players by age ... and not everyone want to have a team that is instantly competative, a team of youths might appeal to some :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think 40 is plenty big enough. That way a team has one league team, one cup team, and one team of backup players to replace injuries in either one of the other two teams, plus an additional seven squad places.

You could even set it at 35, but I wouldn't go lower than 33, and 33 is just an awful number, so bump it up to either 35 or 40!

F it, I pick Real Madrid, everyone is free to pick whoever they want. I'll try give the smaller teams more cash if I can. We'll try squad max of 40 with say 1 season to get it down? 30 teams over 3 divs, I'll do a random draw for it. 14 day login, we can revise that after the first season

If it doesn't work and people become uninterested I'll start up a small team league like Mac was talking about but for now I'm going ahead with this. I know it's like the Copa but sure there are hundreds of Game worlds with big teams and small teams. If you want a small team world, it's only €6 to set it up :)

F it, I pick Real Madrid, everyone is free to pick whoever they want. I'll try give the smaller teams more cash if I can. We'll try squad max of 40 with say 1 season to get it down? 30 teams over 3 divs, I'll do a random draw for it. 14 day login, we can revise that after the first season

If it doesn't work and people become uninterested I'll start up a small team league like Mac was talking about but for now I'm going ahead with this. I know it's like the Copa but sure there are hundreds of Game worlds with big teams and small teams. If you want a small team world, it's only €6 to set it up :)

Your league your call.

• Advertisement

I'll go medium team ... lets try get a good mix, dont be swayed by the teams left available but just pick a team you really want to manage?

Manager | Chosen Team
    1. KERPSLAT!! | Real Madrid
    2. GT_TDI_150 | RSC Anderlecht
    3. Irishgoldberg |
    4. Maldjd23 |
    5. The Governor |
    6. Wilberto |
    7. Tinie |
    8. Hercule Poirot |
    9. Eireannbear |
    10. Tommycahir |
    11. Seaneh |
    12. Mrmac84 |
    13. Gerp99 |
    14. Colemania |
    15. beakerjoe |
    16. Manzoor14 |
    17. Jukebox2310 |
    19. Tonic wine |
    20. Al Capwned |
    21. TheGunns |
    22. Danwhite88 |

I PM'd Irishgoldberg advising him he's up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Good man! It's your league so do whatever you want! :):)

At least you know I can be trusted with a small team anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

FC Barcelona. I'm not dead yet GT.

Cool ... you'll have to wait your turn tho :(

Did you not post you were done with SM?

Ha, good luck with them being free...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cool ... you'll have to wait your turn tho :(

Did you not post you were done with SM?

I completely forgot it was 18 games and not 9. :o

Yeah, 5 weeks would have probably meant me giving it a go, but the 9/10 weeks isn't gonna do it.

If there is a cup comp ever going, I'd say I'll give it a shout.

I completely forgot it was 18 games and not 9. :o

Yeah, 5 weeks would have probably meant me giving it a go, but the 9/10 weeks isn't gonna do it.

If there is a cup comp ever going, I'd say I'll give it a shout.

didnt meant to chase ya away ... sure stay

Just in from an exciting days training with work. Is it ok if I pick in the morning? Cant decide between big club or small one....

Just in from an exciting days training with work. Is it ok if I pick in the morning? Cant decide between big club or small one....

Pick now, you're holding people up.

aka I'm impatient.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Pick now, you're holding people up.

aka I'm impatient.

Thanks seaneh! Feck it il take barcelona so.

Advertisement