Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email

Options
  • 29-04-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I cannot access any new emails from my phone or laptop and am getting an incorrect username or password message.
    When I try to access my account through the eircom website I simply get a reload of the log in page.
    Is anybody else having any problems with their eircom email account or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 canofcarlsberg

yes i am having same problen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Yip, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

So nothing new then... its not the first time nor will it be the last, just try it later on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

It's coming back with
    -ERR failed: Could not determine server

As myIdea said, it's happens intermittently, just try again later...

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Cheers guys.
    I was concerned that somehow my account had been hacked and compromised.
    I guess the problem is with Eircom.
    Hopefully they haven't been hacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

My O.H is having issues lately with her eircom.net e-mail on her iPhone.

I deleted it and re-installed it and that worked for a couple of days, but now the error is recurring:

"Cannot Get Mail"
    The mail server "webmail.eircom.net" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

We haven't changed any settings?

When trying to send e-mail:

"Cannot Send Mail"
    A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient "......" was rejectred by the server because the user is unknown.

Any ideas please?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Any ideas please?

Nothing wrong with the phone, its an eircom issue, try it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Still happening. Any word from eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Eircom have said they're working on trying to fix it, their engineers are working as fast as they can

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's on the eircom customer support forum that they're having issues and they will resolve them asap.

I thought it was just me:) I'm using the same password for the last two years and knew that I hadn't forgot it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ghostdublin

pcasso wrote: »
    I cannot access any new emails from my phone or laptop and am getting an incorrect username or password message.
    When I try to access my account through the eircom website I simply get a reload of the log in page.
    Is anybody else having any problems with their eircom email account or is it just me?

EXACT SAME PROBLEM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

I got access back, briefly (for about 5 mins), about 9am, but it's gone again. Apparently I've had no emails since 17;08 last night <rolling eyes>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's just been mentioned on the RTE Radio1 news at noon, the newsreader quoted Eircom who said it will be back 'later this evening'.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,611 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

me too

eircom site says the problem started at 7:00 yesterday and more updates to follow

a pain in the hole, eircom has been my work email for years

• Registered Users Posts: 17 canofcarlsberg

ITS BACK!!!!!!

Oh no it's not!...not for me anyway.:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Me neither. A right pain in the ass workwise :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Back for me but I had to input my password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Apparently, the service was taken down as a preventative measure.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/eircom-urges-email-users-to-change-passwords-after-security-breach-30232171.html
    Eircom has suffered a security breach, leading to the suspension of email services to 350,000 Eircom.net accounts over the last 18 hours.

The company is now urging its email users to change their passwords.

A company spokesman said that the breach was detected on Tuesday.

“Yesterday, we detected an intrusion on the perimeter of our email service,” said the spokesman. “In accordance with our security procedures and industry best practice, we took immediate steps to lock down our email service and eliminate any threat to our 350,000 eircom.net email users. As a precaution, we have alerted relevant bodies including the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.”

The Irish Independent understands that the company has has a team of external IT security experts examining the breach since yesterday.

“At this time, there is no evidence to suggest any impact to other eircom systems or services including customer data,” said the spokesman. “Our investigations will continue into the cause of the intrusion.”

“In line with industry best practice, we strongly recommend that customers change their email account passwords today and on a regular basis.”

“Access to eircom.net email is in the process of being restored in a controlled and phased manner following a decision by eircom to restrict service last night. “

“Staff worked overnight to implement a number of system modifications and we expect all customers to have access by this evening. All pending email traffic has been stored and will be delivered as soon as possible.”

“We are very sorry that this has caused a significant inconvenience to users of our email service.”

Mine is back (again)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Unbelievable stuff. 350,000 email accounts suspended :eek:

My own eircom email address is so old, that is was not effected. It's sitting on some ancient mail server somewhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Change your passwords...... the database may already be in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

STB wrote: »
    Change your passwords...... the database may already be in the wild.

How do you change password.
    It is not apparent on the eircom webmail site

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

I've had this problem as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,257 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

pcasso wrote: »
    How do you change password.
    It is not apparent on the eircom webmail site

https://autoreg.eircom.net/passwordchange/
    from here or it's on the login page too
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Update-on-Webmail-Service-Wednesday-April-30th/td-p/68691

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's obviously a massive backlog of incoming e-mails, I sent an e-mail from gmail to my eircom.net a/c, it took over 2 hours to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

coylemj wrote: »
    There's obviously a massive backlog of incoming e-mails, I sent an e-mail from gmail to my eircom.net a/c, it took over 2 hours to arrive.

Eircom emails are taking a length to arrive as well. Was waiting all day for an email confirmation that should've taken "a few moments"

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Getting some strange messages on my computer & phone lately saying Eircom Certificate is invalid. Anyone else wtih the same problem or know of any workaround?
    Thanks a mill
    R
    403393.png

Advertisement