Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone having issues logging into email this evening?

Options
  • 29-04-2014 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

I'm receiving a message that my log in details are not recognised, when I try to log in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Im having the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Same problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

same here, must be a general fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thanks. I've given up for now. Hopefully they will sort it...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

yep, I have 3 eircom email addresses and none of them are working....very frustrating....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Also have a problem here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

Same problem here. Getting error 0x800CCC90.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Same problem here. Did a quick search on the Eircom website forum & found this:
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]No problem, this indicates that security questions may not have been set up on this when initially activated. To get this reset you will need to call Eircom Technical Support on 1890 260 260 if you are an Eircom Broadband Customer. If you are not an Eircom customer the number to call is 1530 277 100. They will set up new security questions which will then allow you to reset password.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Edited to add that I'm no longer an Eircom customer. I set up my email address around 20 years ago & use it for everything. It would have been helpful if Eircom could have given some advance warning.

Am currently on hold to Eircom 33c per minute :mad:

Edited again to add that I started the call to the Eircom 1530 number at 8.09pm. A recorded voice told me that my wait time would be 5 mins. Guess who's still on hold? This is nothing short of a money-making racket. Am going to hang up now, but I sincerely hope that one of the Eircom reps on Boards will be able to sort me out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Same problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Same problem

Hi all, we are currently experiencing an issue with webmail which is preventing access to mail accounts. We are working to resolve this issue as fast as we can.
    As soon as we have more information we will post here. Apologies for this interruption in service.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Eircom twitter account has confirmed there is an issue with webmail at present and are working to fix it currently. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

me too found this thread searching it. password not recognised on the site or with windows mail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Still down. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Come guys please hurry I have 7 work emails to get out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Same problem here. Did a quick search on the Eircom website forum & found this:
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]No problem, this indicates that security questions may not have been set up on this when initially activated. To get this reset you will need to call Eircom Technical Support on 1890 260 260 if you are an Eircom Broadband Customer. If you are not an Eircom customer the number to call is 1530 277 100. They will set up new security questions which will then allow you to reset password.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Edited to add that I'm no longer an Eircom customer. I set up my email address around 20 years ago & use it for everything. It would have been helpful if Eircom could have given some advance warning.

Am currently on hold to Eircom 33c per minute :mad:

Edited again to add that I started the call to the Eircom 1530 number at 8.09pm. A recorded voice told me that my wait time would be 5 mins. Guess who's still on hold? This is nothing short of a money-making racket. Am going to hang up now, but I sincerely hope that one of the Eircom reps on Boards will be able to sort me out tomorrow.
    same here, last time I called that number it cost me about €20 in call charges:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

same problem here 
    it's being down for hours now

on the main site it says

Due to technical difficulties, eircom.net email cannot be accessed at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Same problem here waiting for important emails too - been down for hours now -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭NSAman

Eircom screwed up again....

5.15 am and still not resolved. Started work and cannot open overnight emails. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

This is now getting serious. I cannot access my email since yesterday morning.
    One of the main providers and not able to restore the service.

I am really very angry that we do not get constant updates.

Eircom ! can you please explain what is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

This is now getting serious. I cannot access my email since yesterday morning.
    One of the main providers and not able to restore the service.

I am really very angry that we do not get constant updates.

Eircom ! can you please explain what is going on.
    Hi all, a fix has been put in place to allow access to webmail accounts. This fix will be rolled out over the morning. We will have more information soon.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

pity we had to go searching high and low for this message from eircom.  considering the size of the eircom network and the amount of people having eircom email accounts, a radio/news announcement should have been launched.  wasted hours trying to access my email accounts.  

I'm running a buisness from this email and need it urgently.
    Password change and reset is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is there any lessons that us subscribers can learn from this? Is it technically possible to receive an email sent to an eircom.net address also to a secondary address eg live.ie etc?

It tells me to contact Technical Support with a link to that page which has no contact number other than the general 1901

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

still down here. must be a major problem if its takign that long to fix.

kub wrote: »
    Is there any lessons that us subscribers can learn from this? Is it technically possible to receive an email sent to an eircom.net address also to a secondary address eg live.ie etc?
    we could probably use google as a server with the same address. this should also prevent security issues, I have had my .net mail hacked twice and used to send thousands of spam emails.

the problem is most of us will have tried to enter what we thought to be our user name and password and probably blocked access, now if we are not an eircom customer we will have to call the premium number and be put on hold for ages running up a huge bill...

Any chance eircom can give us a free number to call? or do it via pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

is anyones back working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

No, mine is still not working. 

Advertisement