Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone having issues logging into email this evening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

This is a joke at this stage. 

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm not laughing...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

any updates?

slave1 wrote: »
    I'm not laughing...
    Me neither! Can we realistically expect this to be sorted by the end of business today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Ok guys some good news, mine just came back to life. I am down in Cork and we are usually at the back of the queue so I imagine it must be up and running now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

not working and cant change password either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Webmail login working on there website
    Older emails not arrived yet and its not the usual looking webmail

They did say older emails will take time to show up

Note only working on Eircom Website Webmail

Does not yet work with Windows Live Mail or iPhone Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Mine has been down too. It just came back, I recieved a small batch of email. Either there is mail missing, or the usual senders, haven't been able to send mail to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/enterprise/item/36710-eircom-shuts-down/

THey have been hacked yet Eircom didnt say anything before now, just Technical Difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭satguy

Great Stuff ,, mine is now back ,,

I would be lost ,, truly lost,, without it...

Thank you Eircom ,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wexoperafan

Still nothing !!!

This is an absolute shambles at this stage !!

Wex

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Still no joy,are ther any recent updates,on checking your website,last update was 3 hours ago:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

still having problems.  I'll be catching up for days at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Mine is gone again it came back 45 mins ago but cast away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭NSAman

only one email came through. I can send as I use an SMTP outbox in the US for mail.

I know I am missing about 40 emails that were sent to me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

My email has been down for nearly a week. I've decided to do without it rather than deal with the eircom trained monkeys technical support department. I'm hoping that if I hide, the problem will go away

Were is Eircom Tony now? Any truth to this hacked story ? It's coming up to 24 hrs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

This is bull, this will mean I will be a full day behind on work if not more. I will have a huge back log ,that's if I get all the mail that was sent to me.
    Please someone give us an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Access to eircom.net email is in the process of being restored in a controlled and phased manner following a decision by eircom to restrict service last night.

Yesterday, we detected an intrusion on the perimeter of our email service and in accordance with our security procedures and industry best practice, we took immediate steps to lock down our email service and eliminate any threat to our 350,000 eircom.net email users. As a precaution, we have alerted relevant bodies including the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.

Staff worked overnight to implement a number of system modifications and we expect all customers to have access by this evening. All pending email traffic has been stored and will be delivered as soon as possible.
    At this time, there is no evidence to suggest any impact to other eircom systems or services including customer data. Our investigations will continue into the cause of the intrusion.

We are very sorry that this has caused a significant inconvenience to users of our email service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

ah. I had a suspicion something serious was happening when it was out that long but you never know until they confirm it.

I can now log into webmail and it works on my mac, i seem to be receiving old mail, but mail i send doesn't seem to reach anyone. 

Also how do i change my password? I don't see a password option in the login options or general tab as described above. 

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Access to eircom.net email is in the process of being restored in a controlled and phased manner following a decision by eircom to restrict service last night. 

Yesterday, we detected an intrusion on the perimeter of our email service and in accordance with our security procedures and industry best practice, we took immediate steps to lock down our email service and eliminate any threat to our 350,000 eircom.net email users. As a precaution, we have alerted relevant bodies including the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.

Staff worked overnight to implement a number of system modifications and we expect all customers to have access by this evening. All pending email traffic has been stored and will be delivered as soon as possible.
    At this time, there is no evidence to suggest any impact to other eircom systems or services including customer data. Our investigations will continue into the cause of the intrusion.

In line with industry best practice, we strongly recommend that customers change their email account passwords today and on a regular basis.

We are very sorry that this has caused a significant inconvenience to users of our email service. 
    When you do "change" your password it gives a message stating that it can take up to 40 minutes to take effect - I can still log in with my old password - hardly efficient or secure!

tossy wrote: »
    I can now log into webmail and it works on my mac, i seem to be receiving old mail, but mail i send doesn't seem to reach anyone. 

Also how do i change my password? I don't see a password option in the login options or general tab as described above. 
    Hi tossy,
    There is a backlog of mails at the moment. This is due to down time and it will take some time for all your mails to filter through.
    Tony

tossy wrote: »

Hi tossy,
    There is a backlog of mails at the moment. This is due to down time and it will take some time for all your mails to filter through.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony, any info on how to change my password? 

In line with industry best practice, we strongly recommend that customers change their email account passwords today and on a regular basis.

When you do "change" your password it gives a message stating that it can take up to 40 minutes to take effect - I can still log in with my old password - hardly efficient or secure!
    Hi Southern Belle
    the current level of access to your mail account is secure but changing password is a good idea. Sorry for the delay in change over to new password, this is due to the backlog of mail and requests still filtering through.
    Tony

I use windows mail for years now so I dont know my password. I cant use the password change as I dont have eircom broadband. How do I change it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jamesbil wrote: »
    I use windows mail for years now so I dont know my password. I cant use the password change as I dont have eircom broadband. How do I change it?
    Hi jamesbil

Visit the eircom webmail site and click on 'forgot or change your password' : https://secure.eircom.net/email/

Thanks
    Al

Sorry! Your account does not contain enough security detail for us to change your password online. Please contact Technical Support for further assistance.

this is the message I get 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Managed to log on briefly this evening, but it seems to be gone again. 

Advertisement