Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Battle of the Bridge:Chelsea(0)vs(0)Athletico Madrid 2leg K.o 19:45 RTE2 SS1/HD

• 29-04-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

0-2 Athletico Madrid , Be great to a see 2 Spanish teams play football instead of parking a bus for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

José said Terry will start tomorrow. Big boost I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Chelsea can do it imo.

Cech trained too didn't he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The battle of stamford bridge?

Will take king harald and those invading nordies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea win 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Oh no buses everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

0-0 and penalties.

Chelsea to win on penalties. Atleti have an atrocious record this season from the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Chelsea to sneak it through. 1-0 Torres 85 mins.

Put your house on it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    José said Terry will start tomorrow. Big boost I imagine.
    Yeah, because the one thing Chelsea desperately needs is is another defender on the pitch :D

I'll go for a score draw, Atleti to go through

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Chelsea to win 2-0 with both goals as a result of a shot rebounding off the Chelsea bus and into the net at the far end of the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Heart says Chelsea, sadly though, horrible feeling Atletico score early and get a draw out of it, finishing 1-1.

I'll be wrong though hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Something something Bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I can't see Chelsea being as negative tomorrow as they have been the last 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Kirby wrote: »
    Something something Bus.

2 buses to be parked.

One at either end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Expect the backlash if Chelsea get beat. It will be fierce.

niallo27 wrote: »

Backlash for who from who?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

From Who or why would there be ?

For Sunday. All good fun though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What happened on Sunday?

• Advertisement

Don't really see the link between a win in the league and a result in the Champions league, but I like fun, so it's all good.

I'll say nothing yet as I do think Chelsea will qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

When will they bring a rule in which means the team with the most possession wins? There is only one way to play football after all.

There should be a judging panel, strictly come dancing style. So the goals on the pitch are only half the score, Len Goodman awards style points which make up the rest of the score.

There should be a judging panel, strictly come dancing style. So the goals on the pitch are only half the score, Len Goodman awards style points which make up the rest of the score.

Bayern going through tonight so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

1 0 win for Chelsea, I hope...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Chelsea to blitz Athletico 5 - 0 after a virtuoso display of fast counter attacking football.

Post match press conference from José to consist of him saying "LOL i do what I want!" and then walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I dont care what happens aslong as chelsea dont progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I dont care what happens aslong as chelsea dont progress

Egro....you kind of do care what happens....:o:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We've called in Romans big guns for this parking job.

article-0-05523E53000005DC-286_964x340_popup.jpg

romanjet2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Imagine having to back Real Madrid in a final. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Well....Jose did say bring everything I had.....sooo...."
    Beep beep!

"I can get 70 miles to the gallon in this hog...."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPgMmGgr6v_Y2cy2qHW31atot-JVPzanHT8N2ngJZw8on6bhWo_w

Could be the first ever UCL final between two clubs from the same city if Atletico go through.

Atletico have the best defence in the competition and havent lost a game yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GavRedKing wrote: »

Atletico have the best defence in the competition and havent lost a game yet.

Ah that explains the "We're going to need a bigger boat" reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Be grand. It'll be a sad day when we can't rip the p|ss out of each other at every given opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

League and Champs League double, beating Real in the final. Wouldn't be a bad season for Atletico fans.

If we dont make the final I'll be annoyed but making another semi final is great for this club, we've had a great decade in this trophy, highs, lows, controversy, shame, we've seen it all, heres hoping for another great night at the Bridge.

Thant explains this being seen on the streets of London!

Motor-yacht-Sea-Breeze-On-Crane.jpg

ok ok I'll stop now

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we dont make the final I'll be annoyed but making another semi final is great for this club, we've had a great decade in this trophy, highs, lows, controversy, shame, we've seen it all, heres hoping for another great night at the Bridge.

Yeah as I posted over in the mega thread 7 semi finals out of 12 times in the comp is a great achievement.

Still hopeful of a win, It'll be tough whomever goes through with Real int he final now.

League and Champs League double, beating Real in the final.

tumblr_mavkx5oLjw1rxrcq9.gif

Wouldn't be a bad season for Atletico fans.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

After tonight's result it's very difficult to hope that Atletico win. Madrid derby's are never uh satiating .

Gabi is a massive loss for Atletico and a lot will depend on how they approach this tie. If they go at Chelsea and attack they will be hit on the counter and likely go on to lose. If they play with a balance then it's anyone's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

This is ludicrous I know, but something bizarre inside me is telling me Van Ginkel will feature tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

OP you could at least spell Atletico correctly.

Chelsea to try spoil their umpteenth game this season but Atleti to find away. Diego to score. Mourinho to make ridiculous, disrespectful and hypocritical comments after the match.

Come on Atleti!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Turtwig wrote: »
    After tonight's result it's very difficult to hope that Atletico win. Madrid derby's are never uh satiating .

Gabi is a massive loss for Atletico and a lot will depend on how they approach this tie. If they go at Chelsea and attack they will be hit on the counter and likely go on to lose. If they play with a balance then it's anyone's game.

The last Madrid derby was great IMO. Pepe and Costa's messing would get on your nerves but if you're looking for a good full blooded derby final I think you're half way there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Chelsea dont really have the personnel to park the bus I think with Mikel and Lampard out, and possibly Terry. Mikel has been a key part of the bus parking.

Itl have to be a Luiz-Ramires midfield or a Ramires-Van Ginkel (very unlikely).

Not sure Ramires or Luiz are disciplined enough to do the Mikel job infront of the back 4. But we'l see.

Id actually like to see Chelsea parking the bus, we're good at it and it probably represents our best chance of winning, Hazard and Willian on the counter attack will be a daunting thought for Athletico.

Im saying 1-0 Chelsea.

Atletico and Chelsea will park the buses and the ball will stay on the kick-off spot. :D

Or, that Simpsons clip. Left back passes it to center.
    Center holds it!

HOLDSS IIT!

HOLDS IT!!

Think Atletico will be fatigued and not as strong as people are expecting. Chelsea if they play the cards right with intensity should beat them but I think Mourinho will be too negative and thus it's anyone's game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I don't expect this to be exciting. Should be a pretty cagey affair.

I don't expect this to be exciting. Should be a pretty cagey affair.

Doubt there will be anything pretty about it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd imagine that unders would be the bet of choice for a lot of folk tomorrow.

Sometimes defensive football can be a joy to watch, however you do need to have at least one attacking team to prevent things from going a bit tennis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Turtwig wrote: »
    Atletico and Chelsea will park the buses and the ball will stay on the kick-off spot. :D

I was just thinking that the winner of the coin toss gets to kick-off don't they...both sides hoping to lose that so.:pac:

Whoever kicks off has to hoof it backwards to the rest of their players camped around their respective 18 yard boxes instead of the centre-circle

• Advertisement
Advertisement