Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Battle of the Bridge:Chelsea(0)vs(0)Athletico Madrid 2leg K.o 19:45 RTE2 SS1/HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And Brady did what as a manager second class player no class of manager

Er, wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jesus 2 goals for Chelsea in 6 champion league semi finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

klose wrote: »
    Ah christ is this joke still going on

Yeah but he should be retiring in a year or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hope AM go on and win it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't wait for final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Haha fair play Bohrio :p got me :p

Couldnt resist ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lol...Brady a second class player.

Better go to Juventus and tell them that....

Three European semi-finals for Jose at Chelsea and three defeats. It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Abramovich to start thinking about other managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Barr wrote: »
    Hazard has been poor tonite
    I think both he and Terry were still shipping injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Mourinho is the 1st coach to be knocked out in four straight Champions League semi-finals (Leo Beenhakker lost 3 in a row with Real Madrid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The goal before half time was a killer for Chelsea. Hope AM win the final now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

on a positive note (straws.. grasping!!!) I'll be able to watch final in a relaxed neutral way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I assume that you've never watched AM Stoke before? They play very very similar to Chelsea.

Corrected that for ya :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lol...Brady a second class player.

Better go to Juventus and tell them that....

Over rated player and a total failure as a manager. As a pundit he makes a great cup of tea I believe though.

Over rated player and a total failure as a manager. As a pundit he makes a great cup of tea I believe though.

Now you're just being silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Over rated player .

Awh stop!!

Three European semi-finals for Jose at Chelsea and three defeats. It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Abramovich to start thinking about other managers.

never beyond RA to sack anyone at any stage... Carlo Ancelotti's was the craziest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Stop.

Please. Stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

klose wrote: »
    Ah christ is this joke still going on

John Terry? Yeah, he was playing in the game just now.

If that's the way RA is thinking, he might as well leave the stage himself.

Nope, the team is in transition. Lampard is basically gone. Matic cup-tied. Luiz and Ramires are not up to it. Chelsea will be more solid next season with Matic playing an influential role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Atletico were excellent, fair play. Final should be a great game, would be happy to see either Atletico or Real Madrid win it.

As an earlier poster pointed out though, this thread can really be held up as an example of what is wrong with this forum. So little actual analysis of the game. So much stupidity. Some people need to think about what their posts actually add to this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Diego Simeone, perhaps?

did PSG do something to Dunphy... 3rd or 4th time he's picked on them tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Bohrio wrote: »
    ''Show me a good loser, and ill show you a loser'' - Vince Lombardi.

I hate this quote.
    Do you know what a good loser is????
    Its when you lose, you take it on the chin, and dont bitch and moan like a ten year old, and blame everyone else, and never look in the mirror.

Last night bayern Munich players and management, took their defeat. Good losers.
    And in fairness, by the looks of things, same with chelsea tonight, good losers. But during the season chelsea were not good losers on a few occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dee-lighted with the result, only saw first half, looked very even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Time to close the laptop and for a while buddy!

Fudge You wrote: »
    Gilesy and Brady talking sense.
    Jose's behaviour is awful. Clown Bill
    Brady's animus against Chelsea is a joke at this stage. Chelsea have eclipsed Arsenal since Mou arrived on the scene. Brady is just bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Atletico have been my favourite Spanish team for a while, since Torres, Aguero and Maxi played for them. However I just can't warm to this team as much for some reason since Falcao left. Maybe it's because of Costa being their figurehead and the players on the team across town producing some fantastic football, but this is one of the rare occasions where I'll be happy for whoever wins it so looking forward a lot to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I am not even a gunners fan, but I saw a lot of Brady in the flesh during his playing days at Highbury, and I can tell you that if he was playing today he would be worth 60-70m in the transfer market, you are either way too young to remember how good he was or you are extremely bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wonder has Jose rang his wife the result yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The better team certainly won on the night. It's a shame for us really, going 1-0 it seemed perfectly set up for Mourinho to do what he does but even at 1-0 we never adopted the same shape we had away in Madrid or against Liverpool at the weekend. That is the one disappointment for me tonight.

There's obviously work to be done for next season. Tonight is the standard that must be reached and at the moment we are carrying too many players. Courtois, Matic, Costa and another centre back and suddenly we look much stronger.

McDave wrote: »
    If that's the way RA is thinking, he might as well leave the stage himself.

Nope, the team is in transition. Lampard is basically gone. Matic cup-tied. Luiz and Ramires are not up to it. Chelsea will be more solid next season with Matic playing an influential role.

cole is past it too, ivanovic has had a poor season, mikel is meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

How old are you????

Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Tiago speaking well now, seems like a good lad.

"Atletico the financially weakest team to reach a Champions League final since Porto in 2004."

From Miguel Delaney on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

some numnuts on here talking about mouriniho. champions league s.f and atbtye start no one thought we would get near this far. a good season. well done jose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Great final it will be
    Two teams that like to play football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

BmfzxkgIcAAZ2vg.jpg:large

ABANDON+THREAD.+Thanks+to+http+www.funnyjunk.com+user+getott+for+the+original+GIF_8594de_4062083.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Diego Simeone, perhaps?

That would actually be a step down for him.
    I don't he would leave Athleti for anyone atm. He's broken the Barca/Real duopoly in La Liga and has got to the CL final. He will want to build on this season and push on imo.

frimpong wrote: »
    That would actually be a step down for him.
    I don't he would leave Athleti for anyone atm. He's broken the Barca/Real duopoly in La Liga and has got to the CL final. He will want to build on this season and push on imo.

It's gonna be tough when he's losing a few players. Costa may go and Courtois may not be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The better team certainly won on the night. It's a shame for us really, going 1-0 it seemed perfectly set up for Mourinho to do what he does but even at 1-0 we never adopted the same shape we had away in Madrid or against Liverpool at the weekend. That is the one disappointment for me tonight.

There's obviously work to be done for next season. Tonight is the standard that must be reached and at the moment we are carrying too many players. Courtois, Matic, Costa and another centre back and suddenly we look much stronger.

Don't see Chelsea coming out of the Summer with both Courtois and Costa unless they offer a crapload of money for Costa. Atletico will look for Courtois in any deal I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

McDave wrote: »
    Brady's animus against Chelsea is a joke at this stage. Chelsea have eclipsed Arsenal since Mou arrived on the scene. Brady is just bitter.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I think Abramovic is more responsible for the eclipse than Mourinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jose and his negativity :) Gotta love it

Great stuff altogether, focus on the league there now lads, pray Liverpool make a balls of it

"If Atleti win #ChampionsLeague will join Juve/Ajax/Bayern/Chelsea as winners of all 3 UEFA competitions"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

fozz10 wrote: »
    some numnuts on here talking about mouriniho. champions league s.f and atbtye start no one thought we would get near this far. a good season. well done jose

Really? Given the amount of Champions League winners in that squad plus the millions spent on new recruits, the least Chelsea should be doing is getting this far imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

kryogen wrote: »
    Jose and his negativity :) Gotta love it

Great stuff altogether, focus on the league there now lads, pray Liverpool make a balls of it

They need to pray both Liverpool and Man City make a balls of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tube strike in London today.

Chelsea fans have to get the bus home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »
    Maybe I'm splitting hairs but I think Abramovic is more responsible for the eclipse than Mourinho

Brady's a player like Mata, he and Jose would have very different footballing philosophies.

Arsenal had their own problems. It's not like Jose is responsible for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

It's gonna be tough when he's losing a few players. Costa may go and Courtois may not be back.

The key word in your post is 'may'.

Even if they both go, he has shown in the past he can lose his best players and still improve, like the loss of Falcao.

• Advertisement
Advertisement