Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Battle of the Bridge:Chelsea(0)vs(0)Athletico Madrid 2leg K.o 19:45 RTE2 SS1/HD

Comments

Johnny Giles talking about zonal marking, should be fun

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Absolute credit to Atleti tonight, beat us at our own game. When I saw stats at half time that Chelsea were 60:40 possession, I knew we were gone. Just like Chelsea, Atletico love to be in that position.

Fast breaks with massive attacking capabilities are what you need in that situation. Real showed it last night, Atletico tonight. Will be an interesting final.

Chelsea lost the plot in the second half because they were forced to attack. Not comfortable for a team that relies on strong defensive work. Atleti thrived, as Chelsea would have, should situations have been reversed.

All-in-all, I really enjoyed the match (at least until 3-1) and thought it was a good spectacle.

I'll mark my card now. Atletico Madrid will be UCL champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Fudge You wrote: »
    How old are you????

Crazy stuff.

Sadly more than old enough to have seen him play many a time in the flesh so to speak. For me might struggle into top 10 Irish players I suppose but as a person I dislike him totally.

There are many anti Chelsea people on hear but ye are in the ha'penny place compared to Brady ever since he "wrote" a piece in the Sunday Tribune many many moons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Bitter it is so.

They need to pray both Liverpool and Man City make a balls of it

Think he means don't mind City winning it just not Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Sadly more than old enough to have seen him play many a time in the flesh so to speak. For me might struggle into top 10 Irish players I suppose but as a person I dislike him totally.

Ah I see. Your opinion is distorted as you dislike him. No biggie.

I disagree with ya. I think he was a class player. Best irish player ever.

Bitter it is so.

If you think so work away as I said maybe in top 10 Irish players no more certainly not top 5 as for being worth €60-70 m forget it not even half that.

For me Best, McGrath, Giles top 3 by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

oh the irony of Dunphy telling tales of pep getting drunk and being carried out of a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Lets not get carried away here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bitter it is so.

Whats wrong with being bitter when losing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really? Given the amount of Champions League winners in that squad plus the millions spent on new recruits, the least Chelsea should be doing is getting this far imo.

yes really, well what about all the other teams in europe who didnt? only 4 can. so it is good. and i as a chelsea fan did not expect it. so happy days. or maybe mourihnio out! should of won the champions league and the epl with **** strikers with about 20 goals between them all season, sack him. you are right. (sarcasm)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

No trophies for the special one. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Wait, what position was Brady playing in tonight, he was quiet all night, barely think he was playing at all:)

Killinator wrote: »
    Wait, what position was Brady playing in tonight, he was quiet all might, barely think he was playing at all:)

In fairness would most likely still be better than Ram I will give him that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

donfers wrote: »
    Liam Brady spot on "the special one at negativity but when he has to be positive he doesn't have a clue"

Yeah, he didn't seem to know what to do when 3-1 down v PSG. Not a clue.

Oh wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

For me Best, McGrath, Giles top 3 by a country mile.

Best???
    Mcgrath??
    Sure he was too geeeyed to train. Imagine what he could have been....

I never understand how folks says Keane and McGrath are the best irish sport people. The second captains wall is a joke with these two on it.

Maybe the wrong thread. Ill have to start one, It'll be a good debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will he keep his promise ?

Best???
    Mcgrath??
    Sure he was too geeeyed to train. Imagine what he could have been....

I never understand how folks says Keane and McGrath are the best irish sport people. The second captains wall is a joke with these two on it.

Maybe the wrong thread. Ill have to start one, It'll be a good debate.

Yea your right wrong thread, always a good debate too. Even better with pints but stone cold sober bah humbug.....

But surely Best has to be #1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

He said he'd win trophies, he didn't say when :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

podge79 wrote: »
    oh the irony of Dunphy telling tales of pep getting drunk and being carried out of a club

Many a night Dunphy was so drunk and coked out of it the same had to be done for him.

Well, considering that he actually said he'd quit if he went 3 or 4 years without winning a trophy, I'll go out on a limb and say he won't need to keep his promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Can't see the whole story. Does he say in season 1 ? maybe thats your angle though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Yea your right wrong thread, always a good debate too. Even better with pints but stone cold sober bah humbug.....

But surely Best has to be #1

British player? Yeah you are probably right ;)

How about showing the rest of the article there. The bit below where he says there is no pressure this season as its a transition period. He doesn't say on his first season I'm sure he is talking about X time period, but becasue we can't see the rest of the article I guess we will never know.

Great selective screenshotting (new phrase for me :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

budgemook wrote: »

I'm glad he hasn't won anything. And hopefully he'll finish behind both city and Liverpool as well, knowing the antics of Abramovich he could well get his p45, no harm at all.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Many a night Dunphy was so drunk and coked out of it the same had to be done for him.

I think you will find he was really only tired and emotional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

budgemook wrote: »

Special one in Failure;)

Well for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

and yet dunphy is trying to angle the view that bayern will use the pep incident to get rid of him

• Advertisement

How about showing the rest of the article there. The bit below where he says there is no pressure this season as its a transition period. He doesn't say on his first season I'm sure he is talking about X time period, but becasue we can't see the rest of the article I guess we will never know.

Great selective screenshotting (new phrase for me :pac:)

He could still win the league this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Tactical master class from Simeone tonight and all season. Looks to be a quality manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

They need to pray both Liverpool and Man City make a balls of it

I have no faith in City to win out

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'm glad he hasn't won anything. And hopefully he'll finish behind both city and Liverpool as well, knowing the antics of Abramovich he could well get his p45, no harm at all.

Let Utd get fixed up with a manager before any P45s are handed out.

British player? Yeah you are probably right ;)

Oh God this thread is bad enough don't bring politics into it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Don't peddle bullshit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10250203/Jose-Mourinho-I-will-quit-Chelsea-if-I-do-not-win-trophies.html
    Mourinho said: “I’m not the person to be in a club three or four years without winning a trophy.”
    “In this case I wouldn’t need the club to say ‘we’re not happy with you, goodbye’. I’d be the first one to say ‘I gave everything I could but I didn’t succeed, let’s go and try a different thing’.”

He could still win the league this year

Way to go ignore all the points I'd made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Why are people banging on about Chelsea not winning anything this season? Sure Jesus the season isn't over yet and Chelsea still have a chance of winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

@OliverKayTimes: Amusing from Diego Simeone: "I want to congratulate the mothers of all these players because they gave them big cojones to play like this"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

obezyana wrote: »
    Why are people banging on about Chelsea not winning anything this season? Sure Jesus the season isn't over yet and Chelsea still have a chance of winning the league.

I hope Chelsea win the league after this….. that will probably make the haters implode

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Let Utd get fixed up with a manager before any P45s are handed out.

I think it would split opinions if he got the utd job, I think he could do a good job there.

Barr wrote: »
    I hope Chelsea win the league after this….. that will probably make the haters implode

I've saved your comment and put it into a "time capsule" file on my laptop. I will open this relic from the past on the final day of the season. Who knows what chilling or exhilarating news the voices from the past may deliver???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'm just in so I missed the match, is there anyway to watch the analysis by the RTE panel?

I've saved your comment and put it into a "time capsule" file on my laptop. I will open this relic from the past on the final day of the season. Who knows what chilling or exhilarating news the voices from the past may deliver???

Jes you must have a horrible memory if you cannot remember something happening 2 weeks previous :pac:

Jes you must have a horrible memory if you cannot remember something happening 2 weeks previous :pac:

This is me, memory of gnat.
    K2f8I.jpg

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Atleti seriously impressed tonight. Definite favorites in the final imo.

There's no way Real could have pulled that off against Mourinho. No way.
    Atleti 1-0.

I just hope people aren't looking for a spectacle of a final. Atletico will park their bus, Real will park theirs. 1-0 match either way.

Going for Atletico.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think it would split opinions if he got the utd job, I think he could do a good job there.

No doubt he's still a great manager but it would be a horrible combination. Liverpools greatest nemesis having the most irritable coach at their helm, I dread to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Atleti seriously impressed tonight. Definite favorites in the final imo.

There's no way Real could have pulled that off against Mourinho. No way.
    Atleti 1-0.

I just hope people aren't looking for a spectacle of a final. Atletico will park their bus, Real will park theirs. 1-0 match either way.

Going for Atletico.

Theres no way Madrid would have beaten Chelsea? :pac::pac::pac:

Way to go ignore all the points I'd made.

I seen it on twitter on my phone could not get the full article, I am sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Im gona put my neck on the line here and say that I really fancy Madrid to win the final. Cant see them not winning it to be honest!

Advertisement