Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Battle of the Bridge:Chelsea(0)vs(0)Athletico Madrid 2leg K.o 19:45 RTE2 SS1/HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I bet the chelsea fans are camping outside tge athletico team hotel trying to upset the team...

:rolleyes:

On a serious note would love to see chelsea march on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Chelsea to go through, Atletico are decent but not as great as they are made out to be and don't have the experience Chelsea have. They'll miss Gabi tomorrow night, Chelsea should go through 1-0 or 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Woo hoo! Match day. Another semi final, Cmon the blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

niallo27 wrote: »
    For Sunday. All good fun though.

Why so bitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hoping for an Atletico win. That way we'll be spared Mourinho's arrogant classless tripe in interviews in the run up to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Atletico are in the driving seat as they can and will likely to get away goals. It's crucial these days to get away goals in knock out stages. Going for a score draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Hoping for an Atletico win. That way we'll be spared Mourinho's arrogant classless tripe in interviews in the run up to the final.

Jesus Christ It's getting really boring at this stage. Can ye please come up with something original. If it's not going on in every Chelsea match thread It's going on in the Chelsea super thread. Real old at this stage.

C'mon the Blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm going to say we'll win 2-1.

If we can avoid getting Luiz or Willian booked too that would be great.

If theres any doubt about Cech I'd nearly leave him out, JT too.

So that probably leaves us with

Schwarzer
    Azp Cahill Ivan Cole
    Luiz Ramires
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Torres

Cech, Kalas, JT, Baker, Schurrle, Eto'o, Ba

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm going to say we'll win 2-1.

If we can avoid getting Luiz or Willian booked too that would be great.

If theres any doubt about Cech I'd nearly leave him out, JT too.

So that probably leaves us with

Schwarzer
    Azp Cahill Ivan Cole
    Luiz Ramires
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Torres

Cech, Kalas, JT, Baker, Schurrle, Eto'o, Ba

Did Jose not say in the press conference that Cech definately won't be playing and that the only reason he was training (like the guy's that are suspended for the match) is to show team spirit and solidarity?

He said his condition doesn't allow him to play

I dont expect either Cech or JT to play TBH.

Will Jose play Kalas over Cole and shift the back line around, Ivan RB, Azp to LB & Kalas CB, after Sunday its a possibility depending on how Cole feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Chelsea to go through.

me to die a little inside.

Whoever does get through have a huge task in stopping Real and Ancelotti.

TBH, I wouldnt begrudge Ancelotti or Ronaldo a title if we dont make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Chelsea to advance after a hard game to watch for the neutral.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I'm hoping Cheslea might have shot their bolt against Liverpool and Simeone learned a hell of a lot from that game - like how not to play against two parked buses.

I'm really interested to see how Chelsea line out.

first to score wins for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

RayCon wrote: »
    Chelsea to advance after a hard game to watch for the neutral.
    Im sure chelsea are worried whether neutrals will enjoy wathching if they win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

quarryman wrote: »
    Why so bitter?

I'm not bitter at all man. I expect it. That's why I said all good fun.

quarryman wrote: »
    Why so bitter?

:pac:

Hi, Mr Lemon say hello to Mr Lime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it only me who wants to see Chelsea on the end of a beating like Munich last night?

Obviously Chelsea fans will disagree but I think most neutrals don't want to see them progress.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is it only me who wants to see Chelsea on the end of a beating like Munich last night?

Obviously Chelsea fans will disagree but I think most neutrals don't want to see them progress.

Of course most neutrals dont want us to win anything, its the image of the club and Jose.

Although I dont think many of us care to much either, whcih is the flip side of that.

• Advertisement

Of course most neutrals dont want us to win anything, its the image of the club and Jose.

Although I dont think many of us care to much either, whcih is the flip side of that.

I dont think its half as bad as some make out but Jose really does use it to his advantage.

a proper ' its us against them ' mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Of course most neutrals dont want us to win anything

I personally don't mind seeing Chelsea go through, the hard time other fans are giving them for playing a legitimate tactic kind of makes me hope they do go through. It's win win for me as I'd be fine with an all Madrid final too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Anyone listen to Gift Grub this morning? He does a pretty good Jose:

(To the tune of Blur's Parklife)
    All the trophies, so many trophies,
    And they all come straight to me,
    When I tell Chelsea....
    To ParkBus!

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I dont think its half as bad as some make out but Jose really does use it to his advantage.

a proper ' its us against them ' mentality.

Sometimes its a good thing but its hard to bring about without looking like a proper bo**ocks, which Jose does come across when any little things go against him.
    I personally don't mind seeing Chelsea go through, the hard time other fans are giving them for playing a legitimate tactic kind of makes me hope they do go through. It's win win for me as I'd be fine with an all Madrid final too.

If its us or Atletico, Real can expect to face similar tactics.

Given Ronaldo and Ancelottis year so far, I wouldnt mind if they did win it TBH.
    Anyone listen to Gift Grub this morning? He does a pretty good Jose:

(To the tune of Blur's Parklife)
    All the trophies, so many trophies,
    And they all come straight to me,
    When I tell Chelsea....
    To ParkBus!

Rosenstock doing Jose is usually good, I just thought that song this morning was sh*te, hes done much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If ever there was a match that needed an early goal, this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

weiland79 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ It's getting really boring at this stage. Can ye please come up with something original. If it's not going on in every Chelsea match thread It's going on in the Chelsea super thread. Real old at this stage.

C'mon the Blues!

I don't frequent many Chelsea threads to be honest so it's first time (that I remember) saying that. I'm here as an admirer of Atletico Madrid.
    Viva Los Indios! Viva Los colchoneros!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Rosenstock doing Jose is usually good, I just thought that song this morning was sh*te, hes done much better.

José and his technicolour dream coat is well worth a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm neutral and I definitely want Chelsea to win. Two teams from the same country was boring in the build up to the final last year so I don't want to see two Madrid teams in the final this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Sometimes its a good thing but its hard to bring about without looking like a proper bo**ocks, which Jose does come across when any little things go against him.

If its us or Atletico, Real can expect to face similar tactics.

Given Ronaldo and Ancelottis year so far, I wouldnt mind if they did win it TBH.

That is very harsh on Atletico. They might not be the most exciting or free flowing but they don't line up against the big teams as if they were minnows playing for a draw and anything else is a bonus, like Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

It will be tough for Chelsea given they have no away goal. Still expect them to go through though.

Having Terry back would be a huge boost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That is very harsh on Atletico. They might not be the most exciting or free flowing but they don't line up against the big teams as if they were minnows playing for a draw and anything else is a bonus, like Chelsea.

Yawn.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Hopefully Chelsea make an attempt to play football at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The game needs Madrid to score first, otherwise it will be a cakewalk for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

fozz10 wrote: »
    Im sure chelsea are worried whether neutrals will enjoy wathching if they win

I never said Chelsea would be bothered .... still doesn't change the fact that a high porpotion of those watching (World Wide) would be considered neutrals ... and it'll be a hard watch imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The game needs Madrid to score first, otherwise it will be a cakewalk for Chelsea.

Well I sure hope it's better than the one sided bore fest we endured last night. If Chelsea score first then it's park the buses.

Hopefully Chelsea make an attempt to play football at least

We offered them a bus race around london but it seems unfair really, they wouldnt know any of the stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Hopefully Chelsea's bus breaks down on the way to the bridge and they are forced to drive their super cars instead!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Chelsea sit back defending in this one I really hope that Atletico score an early goal and we get a good game.

Arda Turan is the key for Atleti, if he is fully fit then he will be hard to mark and will open up space for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I actually think Chelsea will go two up front and go for this game. I don't think there will be a bus in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I actually think Chelsea will go two up front and go for this game. I don't think there will be a bus in sight.

Wont be going two upfront anyway. Havent started like that all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If we are really gona go for it then itl be (assuming JT, Etoo and Hazard will be fit to start):
    Cech.
    Ivanovic. Cahill. JT. Azpi.
    Ramires. Luiz.
    Willian. Oscar. Hazard.
    Etoo.

Basically itl be the same as the PSG second leg where we needed a 2 goal win. There is absolutly no reason Chelsea would go any more offensive than that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I imagine Mourinho has had them practicing penalties all week, and ultimately if I were to predict this one I think it might well come down to that.

22/1 for Chelsea to win on pens is certainly worth a punt anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

1-1, and it will be a better game than last weeks... hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll be watching something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

hilariousbusjpg.jpg

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

I'll hold ya to it Mike, if I see ya posting in this thread while the game is on you're getting banned FOREVER!!! :pac:
    Actual ban may not happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll be either Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry or The Boston Strangler off tape (as we used to say) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

mike65 wrote: »

I know those jealous rages can be horrible when watching teams other than the one you support in the pinnicle of club footballs competition.

If Athletico get the first goal early it will be a decent game. If Chelsea do it'll be painful.

Would like to see a Madrid derby in the final tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

would love if athletico won the double ..shake things up

• Advertisement
Advertisement