Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in between Boston & NY?

Options
  • 29-04-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I'm going for 10 nights to US - I will be arriving August 30th flying into Boston. As I most likely be there for Labor Day can someone please tell me if it would be worth keeping this day free for shopping etc? Also are there any events on Labour day- fireworks? etc.
    We are planning to stay either 2/3 nights - depending on whether we decide to stay there for Labor day or whether to move on and travel somewhere else that day.

For the last 5 nights we plan to stay in New York and will fly back home from here.

This gives us 2-3 nights free in between. We were looking at going to Washington or Niagara Falls but really can't decide. Could anyone suggest places they would feel are worth a visit travelling from Boston? (we don't mind if it seems slightly rushed as we would like to go to another city/attraction in between the two).

Any tips on things to do while in Boston/NY also greatly appreciated as this is our first time in USA.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

All depends what you're into...

There's no shortage of stuff to do in Boston and you won't even see half of it in 2/3 days

There's not much excitement between Boston and NYC, but here are some suggestions

Newport RI

Berkshires-Beautiful mountainous area in Western Mass.

Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket/Block Island

I would go out on a limb and say you could even fit in Montreal-have never been, but heard its fantastic

If you're big into history I would say go to DC/Phillie over the Niagra Falls.....once you have seen the Falls, there's shag all else to do out in Western NY State (and you would either have to fly or drive 7 hours to get there to begin with)

If you went to DC/PHillie you could take the train and not have to worry about driving

Gives us a little more info as to what you're into and you will get better suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I would spend Labor Day weekend in Boston and maybe on the Tuesday, head to Cape Cod for a few days. Prices will be significantly lower after Labor Day, the crowds will have thinned and the weather should still be nice.

Advertisement