Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing earbuds

• 29-04-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Turns out my earbuds were in the jumper I washed this morning :mad: Anything I can do to save them or will the quality of music be ruined after a wash? I've put them in a glass filled with rice and leaving them there till the weekend. They were dear enough Klipsch earbuds so be nice if they still worked as they should.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

cross your fingers and hope drying them out work...other than that there's nothing realistically you can do, hopefully they'll still work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I was affraid of that. Hopefully they dry out and work as they used to. At least they silicone caps and earbuds them selves got a good cleaning out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Let us know if they do work, and just be patient in trying them out, maybe give them two weeks of drying before plugging them in and adding electricity to the mix.

I was going to leave it till rhe weekend, 3.5 hr bus journey then.

Should i change the rice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

My Re0 went into the wash before and worked fine, only problem was that the fabric sleeve was messed up and the glue holding it together came apart and I had to glue it back together.

• Advertisement

Been a week (nearly) wonder should I chance it now? Poored the rice into another cup earlier and there was some rice at the bottom stuck to the glass, guess it absorbed some moisture at least.

They seem to work, not sure if quality is affected as I've only listened to internet radio so far.

Advertisement