Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebellingham move

Options
  • 29-04-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi everyone, I am looking for some inside information on Castlebellingham, where myself,my partner and our two young boys are thinking of moving to. Currently I live in the NW with the boys and my partner comes home at weekends from Dublin where he works and rents a room in clonee. I would like information on the primary schools and if there is a playschool? Also what is the area like? are there any parks for walking the dog? Its quite a big move for us so any info is greatly appreciated, TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The primary school is fantastic and has recently been expanded / upgraded. Not sure about playschools, but there's definitely a few that are less than a ten minute drive from Castlebellingham. There's a new public playground and basketball court for kids too. The area itself is lovely, very picturesque and a lot of places of interest for such a small village.

Loads of places to walk too, dogs or no dogs! Around the grounds of the castle (you could walk around there when I lived there anyway, but it was recently completely renovated and is under new management so not sure what the story is now)..

There's a few old country lanes that are public right-of-ways too, which are lovely places to walk. Seabank is a fifteen minute walk from the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bronasaurus

Thanks so much for all that info,its great to have it. could i just ask you one more thing, which primary school are you talking about as there seems to be two. thanks in advance. i really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thanks so much for all that info,its great to have it. could i just ask you one more thing, which primary school are you talking about as there seems to be two. thanks in advance. i really appreciate it.

Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal is the one I'm talking about. Stabannon NS, is in the same parish though.

I'm not aware of any other primary school within the 'parish' or catchment area, but there are like a dozen that are less than 15 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

hi everyone, I am looking for some inside information on Castlebellingham, where myself,my partner and our two young boys are thinking of moving to. Currently I live in the NW with the boys and my partner comes home at weekends from Dublin where he works and rents a room in clonee. I would like information on the primary schools and if there is a playschool? Also what is the area like? are there any parks for walking the dog? Its quite a big move for us so any info is greatly appreciated, TIA

Hi Bronasaurus, I grew up here and it's a lovely place to be as a child and have fond memories of it. The school was good and you will know everyone over time easily as people are friendly.

It's close to the two largest towns in Ireland has a excellent bus route, IT college not 15 minuets away. There are actually a lot of pro's but at the moment I have heard rents are very high and the purchase of property seems to be tangled up in the Nama, Developers' and landlords favour.

Your two boys will have plenty to do and enjoy. There has been an upgrade to the playground which has been in Castlebellingham for over 25 years and every year the daffodils are abundant. There is a woods and river close by or you dander down to the local beach (not the best) to catch some sea air. You should visit the area for a weekend and see if it's what you are looking for. best of luck with your move.

Advertisement