Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinks dublin

Options
  • 29-04-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Heading out for my Birthday on Friday into town and my younger sister will be coming along but she's just turned 18 so I'm not sure where we could go without the risk of her not getting in, as most of the usual places I'd go in town would be over 21's

So does anyone know anywhere late bar/ nightclub that won't be too much trouble getting an 18 year old into , but also at the same time won't be like a creche and has cheap enough drinks ?

Somewhere that plays generic mainstream music / 80's /90's tunes would be ideal !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Generally when there's a group over 21s and just one under 21 they don't mind, depends how old she looks, etc... Are you planning on booking a table somewhere? Could always say it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Generally when there's a group over 21s and just one under 21 they don't mind, depends how old she looks, etc... Are you planning on booking a table somewhere? Could always say it to them.

She looks older than me tbh ! :pac:

We'll most likely be meeting everyone inside wherever we go so it'd just be me and her going in as opposed to a "group" so dunno how much of a difference that'd make ?

Also her passport is a picture of her when she was about 11 and is recently out of date (last month) so I dunno if that'll be an issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

aaabbbb wrote: »
    She looks older than me tbh ! :pac:

We'll most likely be meeting everyone inside wherever we go so it'd just be me and her going in as opposed to a "group" so dunno how much of a difference that'd make ?

Also her passport is a picture of her when she was about 11 and is recently out of date (last month) so I dunno if that'll be an issue ?

All depends where you're heading, I remember strolling into the Palace at 18 when it was over 22's with a group of people in their 20s. Bouncers didn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

As a girl she'll be fine.

cson wrote: »

As I'm a girl also , I can say this is definitely not true :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cson wrote: »

Not true.

OP I work a door (bouncer) in Templebar but its a rock/metal bar & club. However my daughter goes to Alchemy and never has trouble with her age (she's 18 and looks about 8 lol).

Not true.

OP I work a door (bouncer) in Templebar but its a rock/metal bar & club. However my daughter goes to Alchemy and never has trouble with her age (she's 18 and looks about 8 lol).

Your poor daughter ! I know how it feels I'm in my 20's and still regularly get asked how 5th year is going :pac:

Alchemy's one of the few places I'd like to avoid if at all possible. I'd rather not be the oldest person in the place ! Though I'll definitely put it on the list of "if all else fails ". At least it's beside the bus stop for the bus home !

Advertisement