Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Critique my eating habits please - gym food log

• 29-04-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hello there. A few months ago I decided to start going to the gym and eating a bit healthier. I'm 5'10 and 13 stone, with a slight frame. The goal is to improve physique and put on a bit of muscle. I haven't noticed much of a difference so thought I'd ask yea for help.

I've cut out most processed food and have tried to up my protein intake. I've also tried to make sure I'm eating throughout the day. I try to go to the gym three times a week (mon/wed/fri) and mostly do weights. I also play football once a week and probably go for at least one jog.

I took a log of what I ate for seven days. All food is homemade unless stated. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thursday

Breakfast - One boiled egg on brown toast with a cup of coffee.

Lunch - Bowl of Cully & Sully tomato soup with two slices of brown bread. Sandwich (brown bread) with cheese, tomato, pesto and mayonnaise.

1 scoop protein powder with 300ml low fat milk.

Snack: Small bowl of spicy mixed beans, veg (peppers, onions, kidney beans etc) and potato wedges.

7k run.

1.5 scoops of protein powder with 300ml low fat milk.

Dinner: Large bowl of pasta with feta, pesto and cherry tomatoes.

Friday

Breakfast - Two fried eggs on two slices of brown toast, with a glass of orange juice.

GYM

1.5 scoops protein powder with 300ml low fat milk.

Lunch: Large ciabatta sandwich with one chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and pesto.

Dinner: Bowl of plain pasta with butter and pepper.

Snack: Burger King burger :/

Saturday

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge with honey

Lunch: Chicken and veg wrap with a cup of coffee.

Croissant and coffee.

Dinner: Large chicken stir fry with red onion, peppers, garlic and mushrooms.

Sunday

Breakfast: Fried egg sambo on brown bread.

Lunch: Bowl of cheesy pasta with sun dried tomatoes.

Dinner: Burger and chips =/

Monday

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge with honey.

GYM

Lunch: Chicken sambo with tomato, avocado, lettuce, mayo and pesto.

Snack: Bowl of cauliflower and pepper soup with goats cheese and two slices of brown bread.

Dinner: Small bowl of pork noodle soup.

Snack: Sausage sambo (two sausages, two slices of brown bread).

Tuesday

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge with honey.

Lunch: Cuban chicken sambo on flat bread with lettuce, pesto and mayo.

Snack: Chicken breast, tomato, lettuce in a brown pita with lemon juice dressing.

10km run.

Dinner: Chicken stir fry with red onion, garlic,chilli, red onion, peppers and noodles.

Wednesday

Breakfast: Two slices of brown toast with peanut butter

Snack: Two slices of brown toast with peanut butter

GYM

Lunch: Three egg Omelette with red onion, tomato, pepper and feta cheese.

Football - one hour

Snack: Crackers with cheese

Dinner: Small bowl of chilli con carne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Do you track your calories at all? You might want to start because it's the only way to get a handle on what you're getting on board.

But most days you don't seem to be getting all that much protein from food. To be fair, you're still getting some on board from supplementing.

There's an awful lot of bread in there. Not that there's anything wrong with bread, per se, but you could pick better foods for improving physique.

BUt go to MyFitnessPal.com and start tracking everything you eat and drink. Get a small digital scales for weighing food (you'll only need this initially to get to grips with weights - after a while you'll be able to tell be eye) and then you'll be able to see how much calories you're getting on board and how much of it is carbs/protein/fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

you say you have cut out most processed food but unless you are making your own soup,burgers,bread and pasta you havent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Your protein intake seems low on some days alright, you'd want to have a protein source with each main meal.

Dinner: Bowl of plain pasta with butter and pepper. <-- throw a chicken into that ;)

You need to get tracking what you are consuming.

What program are you following for your strength work, have your numbers increased much since you started?

Advertisement