Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend restaurant Wexford Town

Options
  • 29-04-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Going to be in Wexford town this weekend and looking for somewhere for dinner for Saturday night. Price range about 120 for 2 including drinks.
    Any time of cuisine will do as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Going to be in Wexford town this weekend and looking for somewhere for dinner for Saturday night. Price range about 120 for 2 including drinks.
    Any time of cuisine will do as well.

Its gotta be Warren Gillens Cistin Eile. Not too familiar with anywhere else, maybe the Talbot but for me Cistin is always a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'd second the recommendation for Warren Gillens Cistin Eile. Just one look at TripAdvisor should be enough to convince you, plus I don't think it would cost €120 incl. drinks as he has a strong passion for excellent food, using modest ingredients.

Believe me, it's excellent and is surely one of Wexford shining stars when it comes to a comparison with other resteraunts around the country.

If the menu wasn't to your liking though, I would also suggest The Yard or The Emerald Gardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The Yard for me, followed by The Vine (Thai)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

You will get a 4 course meal in cistin eile for 25-27 euro each and the food is divine.

Nonna Rosa is nice too apparently as is Greenacres.

If you fancy some Thai food the vine is also very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Cistin Eile (Irish)
    Nonna Rossa (Italian)
    Spice Indian (Indian)
    Opera (Pizza/Steaks)
    The Yard (Steaks etc)

are all good.

Riverbank for Sunday Lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Greenacres is very very good.

www.greenacres.ie

Nona Rosa is super for Italian too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

+1 for Cistin Eile. But if you don't make it there for dinner they do fab lunches.

Enjoy your weekend.

Fordes closed ?????

vicwatson wrote: »
    Fordes closed ?????

Fordes, Taste & Potato Market closed as per The People

oldyouth wrote: »

WOW.

Don't see that paper.

Can you post a jpeg of the article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm amazed they lasted that long to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

great, thanks for the recommendations. Leaning towards either the yard or greenacres

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Cistin Eile by far serve the tastiest food in Wexford and is extremely well priced aswell.... Is it a place to sit and enjoy a few drinks during and after your meal... I would have to say no.

I personally love Indian food and therefore Spice is also a big recommendation.

However, for the atmosphere (and good food) The Vine is the winner... You could stay drinking all night after you have enjoyed a beautiful Thai style meal.

Others of note are Greenacres and Nonna Rossa.

Wexford has a decent variety of restaurants for a relatively small town.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Was in Taste a few months back and it was dreadful and Fordes was not any better so I'm not surprised they have closed. Greenacres or Cistin Eile would be best choice for 'european' food.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

There is a seafood restaurant on the Quay, newly opened, called La Cote. Ate there last night. Delicious and good value.

Where abouts on the Quay?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

smokey20 wrote: »
    Cistin Eile by far serve the tastiest food in Wexford and is extremely well priced aswell.... Is it a place to sit and enjoy a few drinks during and after your meal... I would have to say no.

Couldn't agree more about the food! Warren Gillen is an absolute magician in the kitchen! Best food in wexford!

Would have to disagree about it not being a place to sit and enjoy a few drinks though .... I find it so relaxing in there I'd happily chill out there for the night while my glass is topped up!!!

Where abouts on the Quay?

Where Jacques was i.e. in Sidetracks restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Eldrew wrote: »
    Was in Taste a few months back and it was dreadful and Fordes was not any better so I'm not surprised they have closed. Greenacres or Cistin Eile would be best choice for 'european' food.

Have eaten in both Taste and Fordes in the past year or so and really enjoyed both, so I'm sorry to hear they're both closed.

Love Greenacres and have heard great things about Cistin Eile.

Advertisement