Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep baking or roasting dish

Options
  • 29-04-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone can help me out. I am looking for an extra deep rectangular baking/lasagne/roasting dish. Every one I see seems to max out at 6.5 to 7.5 cm deep but I would like to get one as much as 9 to 10 cm deep in either ceramic or Pyrex but enamelled would be fine. Straight sides preferred but sloped would be fine, size 25x15 or larger. Does anyone have a recommendation? The best I can find so far is an oval roaster but I want something more rectangular if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Why do your requirements and measurements have to be so precise?what are you cooking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Searched Amazon and eBay... Can't find anything.. Sorry dude

Why do your requirements and measurements have to be so precise?what are you cooking?

A good chef always has precise requirements. Anything but perfect, isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

The measurements are not precise just deeper than anything I can find currently in a rectangular dish and large enough for a decent roast, deep casserole, extra deep lasagne etc. etc.

A good chef always has precise requirements. Anything but perfect, isn't good enough.

That's rubbish,happy searching mate

• Advertisement

Searched Amazon and eBay... Can't find anything.. Sorry dude
    And that I why I asked the oracle aka boards.ie;)

That's rubbish,happy searching mate

I can assure it's not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Le Creuset square roaster?

You'll pay for it though, but what you are looking for is unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I can assure it's not.

Can't get the size, then adjust the recipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hit a catering shop, unless my math is off (and well it could be) these rectangular roasting trays are 9 and 13.5cm deep respectively

Nisbets

Sweeney O'Rourke

Although, just noticing the 'ceramic or pyrex' requirement. The ones I've seen so far are mainly aluminium

• Advertisement

Hit a catering shop, unless my math is off (and well it could be) these rectangular roasting trays are 9 and 13.5cm deep respectively

Nisbets

Sweeney O'Rourke

Although, just noticing the 'ceramic or pyrex' requirement. The ones I've seen so far are mainly aluminium
    Thanks, never thought of checking the catering supply places.

Stheno wrote: »
    Le Creuset square roaster?

You'll pay for it though, but what you are looking for is unusual
    Thanks, Pretty close. I didn't spot the depth dimensions of that

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

Here's one that's 9 cm deep. I don't have one but I've seen them in the flesh and they're big. Plus, cheap!

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30132914/

What type of dish are you hoping to prepare?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Answered in 5th post: 'The measurements are not precise just deeper than anything I can find currently in a rectangular dish and large enough for a decent roast, deep casserole, extra deep lasagne etc. etc.'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Hi OP. I had a similar desire for a larger than average lasagne dish. In the end I wound up joining a ceramics class and making my own, which lasted for a couple of years.

Advertisement