Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus UX31 Zenbook slow startup/shutdown

Options
  • 29-04-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody can help me with a problem I'm having with my laptop.

I did a windows update earlier on today which seemed to take longer than usual (sticking at 16% for ages). It rebooted straight after the update, but took ages to come back on. Just got a black screen for about 10min before the windows logo came on.

Ever since, it won't shutdown unless forced by pressing and holding the power button. And is taking about 10min to boot up.

Once on, everything is working as usual.

I've tried restoring to before the update, but then whenever I go to restart the laptop it wants to update again.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Tell us what version of Windows you're running and the actual update you're having problems with (it should be called KB-whatever, where whatever= a string of letters and numbers). Also tell us your laptop specs.
    Off-hand, I'd just recommend switching from a hard drive to an SSD, which will definitely boot faster (I went from 4 mins to less than a minute on my gaming machine when I switched).

Advertisement