Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking to other sites legal?

• 30-04-2014 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Is it legal to link to other sites where you gain nothing from it only give that site more hits. If I had a blog could I link my readers to boards.ie so they can learn more about the web?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

teddyboy wrote: »
    Is it legal to link to other sites where you gain nothing from it only give that site more hits. If I had a blog could I link my readers to boards.ie so they can learn more about the web?

Absolutely - link out if you genuinely think that the site you are referring to will be of benefit to your readers. It if enhances your argument or gives further information then you should.

The web is built on links.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

From testing out various seo strategies, I have found that linking out to authoritative sources like Wikipedia, will give your site a small ranking boost..

Advertisement