Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn mower

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Are there any good deals on lawn mowers at the mo. Mine just packed in. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Aldi had / have a decent little mower on offer from Sunday last. There may be a few still available in the stores.

I have one of those and I find it great but then again I dont have much grass to cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I always had a petrol lawn mower and it rotted to death this year, we've just completely paved the back area but have a small bit of grass out front , it's killing me to go out and buy a lawn mower but I'm going to have to go down the electric mower road I think for price.

Any body els tried the aldi mower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Are there any good deals on lawn mowers at the mo. Mine just packed in. TIA

how big is ur lawn, all depends on the lawn size,
    if very small an electric one is handy,
    if bigger lawn you'll need self drive

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any body els tried the aldi mower?
    see my post above :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

muffler wrote: »
    see my post above :)

good price aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

muffler wrote: »
    Aldi had / have a decent little mower on offer from Sunday last. There may be a few still available in the stores.

I have one of those and I find it great but then again I dont have much grass to cut.

I bought one of these a month or so ago from Aldi and I am sorry I am having nothing but bother from it. The petrol cap keeps flying off and I am having to search for it in the grass also I cant use the box as the grass is growing so fast there appears to be awful pressure on the motor. I am going to take it back to aldi for a refund and find something that can cope with my long grass that bit better. My last mower came from LIDL and I had that for approximately 8 years and never had bother with it. Dows anybody have any recommendation for a reliable petrol lawnmower around the 300 euro mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭josvill2010

it depends on the size of your garden
    Lidl has a good offer this week
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=460

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

it depends on the size of your garden
    Lidl has a good offer this week
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=460

My lawn is about a third of a acre I need something a bit stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

I'm looking for a petrol lawnmower , anyone know where to get one cheap?

• Advertisement
Advertisement