Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts buyer

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Accidentally stabbed me integrated fridge/freezer to death.. :o

have been told that will cost €60 to get someone to install new one.

Was wondering if there's anyone who'd do it in exchange for the old one, have checked ebay and the parts sell for decent money...

(Donegal Town area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Firblog

Anyone know anyone who'd want to strip the old one for parts FOC? Hate to see useful stuff going to the dump..

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

stabbed a fridge/freezer? any chance its an american style samsung?

naw mate, it's an electrolux 70/30, wouldn't be any room in my kitchen for me if there was one a those American yoke in there..

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

The American style Samsungs are famous for over freezing and having to be stabbed to break off the ice.
    TDA repairs sorted mine, might be able to sort yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

How integrated is the freezer to it's surroundings? €60 seems expensive to slide one out and slide a new one in, even if it's wired into the wall.

• Advertisement

Plastic attachements to be screwed to the doors of both the fridge & the kitchen unit doors, fridge to be screwed to the base it sits on, & heavier 'hasp' screwed into the spot where the fridge doors would go if you were changing the opening - if that makes sense - & that screwed to the side too.

An hour would do the removal of the old and putting in the new one no prob now that I've done it once

Advertisement