Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Tac .223

Options
  • 30-04-2014 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

I met the super today and he said he would sign off on my .223 before he went home so my question is and i know every rifle is different..

Any one using a T3 Tac in .223 and if so what rounds are giving best groups for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I met the super today and he said he would sign off on my .223 before he went home so my question is and i know every rifle is different..

Any one using a T3 Tac in .223 and if so what rounds are giving best groups for you?

Why did you have to meet the super?

Anyway,

I found 50gr American Eagle hollow point the most consistent budget round. Most of my shooting is under 250 yds, so this ammo is good enough in my tikka.

75gr hornady custom rounds are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

He wanted to know why I needed a 3rd rifle and 500 rounds of ammunition to go with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

using Fiocchi 55gm ballistic tips, and happy with them. must try the Eagle's for comparison, as the Fiocchi are a euro a round. T3 lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

I use Hornady 53gr Super Performance there an excellent round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

I have T3 varmint, same barrel/action as tactical.

Never shot anything lighter than 55gr, but other guys report good results.

Shoots any premium ammo really well, could not get below 1.5" with 75gr Hornady HP. Everything else 1" and less.

On a good day I can get 0.5" if I really get down to it.

Reckon it likes ammo in the 60-69 gr range best.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

The rifle has a 1:8 twist which gives it good versatility with good quality bullets and I would think that would be the appropriate range. It should shoot the 75-80s well too but of course other factors matter as well. If it were 1:9 you would be at a slightly lower range and the 75-80s would be a bit heavy / long (theoretically).

Advertisement