Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I made a huge mistake?

• 30-04-2014 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I finally found a VFC-SCAR H on a website called Boom Arms (boomarms.com) and paid for it with PayPal and sent emails to request that the muzzle velocity is below 1 joule and no more than 328FPS. Now I wouldn't expect a reply about the 1 joule request for a day or two but I would expect an automatic email from them confirming the order. I did get a receipt from Paypal but not from Boom Arms. I also took a look at their Facebook page and there are multiple posts asking about late orders and even if they're still open. I also looked at a Youtube video of someone who ordered from them a couple of months ago so they can't be closed down. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge with this website, and if I'm an idiot for doing what I did.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

I finally found a VFC-SCAR H on a website called Boom Arms (boomarms.com) and paid for it with PayPal and sent emails to request that the muzzle velocity is below 1 joule and no more than 328FPS. Now I wouldn't expect a reply about the 1 joule request for a day or two but I would expect an automatic email from them confirming the order. I did get a receipt from Paypal but not from Boom Arms. I also took a look at their Facebook page and there are multiple posts asking about late orders and even if they're still open. I also looked at a Youtube video of someone who ordered from them a couple of months ago so they can't be closed down. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge with this website, and if I'm an idiot for doing what I did.

No experiance with eh site myself but you can request your funds back and raise a dispute with paypal about it to reclaim your funds but it can take time as they will contact the site you ordered from to see their pending response.
    Few mates have gone through this before and were successful 90 % of the time.
    Hope this helps your mind at ease.

DP

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

Fortunately I received an email today from them and Paypal giving me a full refund, so no more worries :)

Advertisement