Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Lost Sheep Middle Distance Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Fazz wrote: »
    Yo,

This bad boy is open for entries on the TI site now.
    https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html

Usually sells out like hot cakes, is the National Champs and prob one of the best races in Ireland.

I'm in!

Tried to enter 5 minutes ago and sold out already according to Tri Ireland Site - Jaysas!!!!!!!!

Edit - Tried again through Fazz's link above and it worked!!! - Its taken the money - hope it means I'm in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

That was a quick sell out of wave1. I'm in too.

Second chance to enter on 14/05/14 at 8pm .185 individual entries.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Yup, entry sorted. First Half. Glad i picked a nice easy one with no hills on the bike and a flat rewarding run.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Bit pissed that I missed this. How did you know it was opening? Their site still says "watch this site", I looked about a week ago..

speedyj wrote: »
    Bit pissed that I missed this. How did you know it was opening? Their site still says "watch this site", I looked about a week ago..

the opening time has been listed on the triathlon ireland for some time now. second wave details are above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

speedyj wrote: »

I asked them via twitter back in Feb and set alert in Calendar for reminder then.
    Not worth waiting or taking chances hoping you spot it, if it's an important race then make it your business to know entry dates and be free for them.
    Just a necessary action with big races in Ireland selling out very fast.

Also they posted it to Facebook, Twitter and the TI site had the info.

All is not lost at least you have the second round so set reminder and you should be fine if on the button. Think it was about 20 mins this morning. Likely same or even less for round 2 I'd say.

Just a necessary action with big races in Ireland selling out very fast.

was going to be tough this year especially with the two NS races being two of the more popular races on the calendar anyway, but some of the races this year have been going unbelievably fast.

happy enough to have slots in my two top picks for the year, HotW and LS, but that's the easy part done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Out of curiosity, what was the entry fee for Kenmare?

pgibbo wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what was the entry fee for Kenmare?

you'd have gotten a couple of two euro coins back from two fifty euro notes. :D

96 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Slipped up myself and thought 9 would be time enough to book the entry - and decided to do a massive swim before work rather than sit by my keyboard ;)

Bloody wife wants to get a relay together for her and a few of the family so it will be an expensive race for me. No doubt a few small dips in the water over on the holidays will be the extent of her training and she might still beat me :mad:

Assuming they are doing relays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    you'd have gotten a couple of two euro coins back from two fifty euro notes. :D

96 euros.

And then the accomodation..............

tunney wrote: »
    And then the accomodation..............

Yup. It aint a cheap race. having never done it i'm hoping it lives up to the opinion everyone that races it has of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    Yup. It aint a cheap race. having never done it i'm hoping it lives up to the opinion everyone that races it has of it.

was always expensive but with it pulled three weeks forward........
    anyways you'll enjoy it. should play to your strengths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tunney wrote: »
    should play to your strengths

Which going on current form will be stronger by then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Also they posted it to Facebook, Twitter and the TI site had the info.

All is not lost at least you have the second round so set reminder and you should be fine if on the button.

I'm not on that evil Facebook machine but yeah I slipped up alright.. Reminder set, thanks :) I'll be in Lanzarote that week so will need to get the old wi-fi right.. Oh, I'd better check for timezone differences also, would be kinda funny if I missed it cos of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

catweazle wrote: »
    Slipped up myself and thought 9 would be time enough to book the entry - and decided to do a massive swim before work rather than sit by my keyboard ;)

Bloody wife wants to get a relay together for her and a few of the family so it will be an expensive race for me. No doubt a few small dips in the water over on the holidays will be the extent of her training and she might still beat me :mad:

Assuming they are doing relays

Swam myself this morn too, they were all gone when I checked about 8:40. Someone remind me about the next batch please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I'm In too- got my entry in at 08:02 this morn- logged on the computer and waiting- a bit pricy but a fab race and fab part of the country- you wont be dissapointed

What's the price for this tomorrow and does anyone know if they take relay entries also. Triathlon Ireland or cork tri don't give much away on either of their websites

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

catweazle wrote: »
    What's the price for this tomorrow and does anyone know if they take relay entries also. Triathlon Ireland or cork tri don't give much away on either of their websites

96 YoYo's - not sure about relays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

In, finally. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

In - despite the endless loop of the TI website telling me my e-mail address was already registered and promptly terminating the process each time:mad:

That's wasn't easy - site as slow as sh1t for me, TI don't have the bandwidth for busy races. Wife not too impressed I went in after to book a relay for her but I can't seem to access race entry anymore - comes up as already applied :confused:

Not to worry saves me a fortune anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

In also. 96 yo yo's anyone know what we get for the extra cash.....?? is thier nutrition on the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stressed1984

In also. 96 yo yo's anyone know what we get for the extra cash.....?? is thier nutrition on the course?

Not sure re nutrition but the race is know as the best prize fund for 1, 2 , 3 overall! Last year 1st male and female was 1000 euro! Just have to win...its worth you while!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Anyone know if you can transfer entries on this. I cant do that weekend now and emailed them to see if you could transfer but had no response.

Also - if the answer is yes does anyone want to buy it off me for face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Mr Tango wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can transfer entries on this. I cant do that weekend now and emailed them to see if you could transfer but had no response.

There's usually no problem transferring entries fior this race. I've bought transfers twice in previous years (not able to do it this year).

Well done on another podium at the weekend btw. You're flying at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aikau

Hi My Tango, I am looking for an entry. If it is still available, can you keep me in mind?
    I have already contacted the organisers and I am on the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Entry is there - if you can get the organisers to agree to name change its urs - pm me if you get a hold of them and ill tell you where to transfer the cash.

Entry is there - if you can get the organisers to agree to name change its urs - pm me if you get a hold of them and ill tell you where to transfer the cash.

Hi Mr Tango, thanks. I will do so. It may be the weekend until they get back to me. I hope this will be ok for?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Aikau wrote: »
    Hi Mr Tango, thanks. I will do so. It may be the weekend until they get back to me. I hope this will be ok for?

Thanks again.

Mr Tango. sent a PM. Can you see if went through? Thanks.

Advertisement