Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Namco PS1 Stick repair

Options
  • 30-04-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I bought an old Namco Fighting stick recently from ebay and it turns out that the R2 button doesn't seem to work.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the best and worst case scenario could be for this and the cost associated with each.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

hopefully its just the switch inside the button.
    you could try fix the button, or replace the button [not expensive].
    if replacing the buttong doesnt work its probably an issue with the cable or the board inside the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

hopefully its just the switch inside the button.
    you could try fix the button, or replace the button [not expensive].
    if replacing the buttong doesnt work its probably an issue with the cable or the board inside the stick.

Would these be any of the parts I'd need?

https://www.namcoparts.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=93

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I replaced all 6 buttons with Yellow PS-14-G-N from www.akihabarashop.jp.
    I had to desolder the old buttons from the board and I trimmed down the contacts on the Seimitus and solder them in with little hassle, it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hygro wrote: »
    I bought an old Namco Fighting stick recently from ebay and it turns out that the R2 button doesn't seem to work.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the best and worst case scenario could be for this and the cost associated with each.

Thanks
    That's the stick I modded, isn't it?

I either never wired up R2, or accidentally snipped the wire.

*edit* lol just realised you bought from eBay

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's the stick I modded, isn't it?

I either never wired up R2, or accidentally snipped the wire.

*edit* lol just realised you bought from eBay

LOL no, I got this one from ebay, hoped to have a nice pair of them, but alas not!!

What I might be able to do myslef will be desolder the board and maybe try to switch a button that works to see if the R2 one works then. Anything more than that and I'm probably out of my league!

• Advertisement

You dont need to desolder to test the PCB.

asNAS-PCB.jpg
    *source*

Just open the stick up, plug it in, and touch a wire between R2's ground and signal points (big spots in bottom-left).
    If it responds, you just have a broken button switch.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You dont need to desolder to test the PCB.

asNAS-PCB.jpg
    *source*

Just open the stick up, plug it in, and touch a wire between R2's ground and signal points (big spots in bottom-left).
    If it responds, you just have a broken button switch.

When you say a wire, I assume you mean a piece of wire from an arcade machine?

Hygro wrote: »
    When you say a wire, I assume you mean a piece of wire from an arcade machine?
    Just a piece of wire.

Advertisement