Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for lab-test (animal) on product!

Options
  • 30-04-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly - before any animal activist get on to me, I'm looking to test a harmless product on how it effect mice and rats! (its not a poison or anything!)

Question:
    Does anyone know of an Irish company that will conduct a series of tests on rodents?

I am developing an rodent repellent product, and need clinic trials conducted.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I would suspect the services of an animal test lab would not come cheap, if, for security reasons, they would even deal with any company that is not a major pharma or cosmetic company.

If your product, and testing of it, will not harm the animals in any way, I would make a tentative enquiry on the Irish Rat Club forum
    http://irishratclub.forum-phpbb.co.uk

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

I would suspect the services of an animal test lab would not come cheap, if, for security reasons, they would even deal with any company that is not a major pharma or cosmetic company.

If your product, and testing of it, will not harm the animals in any way, I would make a tentative enquiry on the Irish Rat Club forum
    http://irishratclub.forum-phpbb.co.uk

Good luck!

As a former rat keeper - I have to say there's no way I'd let anyone put anything on them. They were my pets and he wants to come along and put a substance that repels them to themselves :eek: or have I got the wrong end of the stick? I wouldn't even let you come put chanel on them never mind repellent. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

As a former rat keeper - I have to say there's no way I'd let anyone put anything on them. They were my pets and he wants to come along and put a substance that repels them to themselves :eek: or have I got the wrong end of the stick? I wouldn't even let you come put chanel on them never mind repellent. ;)

Note the 'not harm in any way' proviso.

The alternative is for the OP to buy some from a pet shop, test them and then what? Better to borrow than to buy I say!

Maybe the OP can add some details.....

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

I'm not really looking for advice on where to get rats so i can rub an ointment on them and see what happens!

I am looking to see if anybody knows of a scientific research company in Ireland that will be able to conduct high-spec impartial research.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Check out the university veterinary labs . Most have commercial collaboration programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Why don't you talk with a pest company such as Rentokil or Ecolab?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

What you are looking for is contract research and it does not come cheap. There are some companies in Ireland that do contract research. I think Charles River in Ballina might be able to help you though I imagine the costs will be huge.

Advertisement