Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do new visitor's post? Are new members wasting their time?

Options
  • 30-04-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am finding it impossible to post anything as a new member. Is this deliberate? How do I simply reply to a post? It won't let me. This site seems to only be for older members.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am finding it impossible to post anything as a new member. Is this deliberate? How do I simply reply to a post? It won't let me. This site seems to only be for older members.

No, it is not deliberate, you should be able to post.

Can you tell us what browser you are using (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) and what type of system you are using (Computer/tablet/phone).

Also, can you explain in detail what exactly you are trying to do?

You should be able to click on the "Reply" button and post away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Angel973

Hi. I am having a problem replying to a post. The little sign on the left of the thread says dots, hot, locked. No idea what that means. There is no button to post a reply.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Angel973 wrote: »
    Hi. I am having a problem replying to a post. The little sign on the left of the thread says dots, hot, locked. No idea what that means. There is no button to post a reply.

That's because you're not viewing a thread, you're viewing a forum. As you can see from this, you can reply just fine.

Hello Spear
    I am trying to reply to a thread/thread starter. I accept that on this thread there is a 'Post Reply' button, but on my other thread there is nothing! It is under Parenting teens and pre teens forum. Can you help?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

boldy bit explains why you cannot respond to the thread. Its locked for some reason. Try and see if you can reply to any other thread in that forum.

• Advertisement

Yes I can reply to other threads in that forum. Very bizarre and more than a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes I can reply to other threads in that forum. Very bizarre and more than a little annoying.

It's not bizarre. For whatever reason, the moderator decided to lock the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement