Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Efibre available in your area but not at your address" question

Options
  • 30-04-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi, for the past year and ahalf I've gotten the "Efibre available in your area but not at your address", but things have changed!!. Last month a new cabinet was installed a mere 200 meters from my house.

Can I send somebody on a number so they can check when I should expect turn on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Stimpyone wrote: »
    Hi, for the past year and ahalf I've gotten the "Efibre available in your area but not at your address", but things have changed!!. Last month a new cabinet was installed a mere 200 meters from my house.

Can I send somebody on a number so they can check when I should expect turn on?
    Hi Stimpyone

If you would like to DM me your address I will look in to this for you :)

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

I just had a very frustrating conversation with an Eircom sales rep, I queried as to why the map on the efibre coverages show available in my area but when I asked to subscribe I was told it's actually not available in my area at all. When I asked why the map showed it was available I was told it was an error and they would update it.
    I really don't believe that the map,is going to be updated and don't like being treated with this kind of contempt by your sales staff.
    If the service is being rolled out in my area surely it's not too much to ask when I can expect to get it.
    Why are Eircom not accepting orders for an area that they claim to have the service available in?
    I will check to see if indeed the map for the Kilcock area is changed to available in some areas but not in others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mrbig wrote: »
    I just had a very frustrating conversation with an Eircom sales rep, I queried as to why the map on the efibre coverages show available in my area but when I asked to subscribe I was told it's actually not available in my area at all. When I asked why the map showed it was available I was told it was an error and they would update it.
    I really don't believe that the map,is going to be updated and don't like being treated with this kind of contempt by your sales staff.
    If the service is being rolled out in my area surely it's not too much to ask when I can expect to get it.
    Why are Eircom not accepting orders for an area that they claim to have the service available in?
    I will check to see if indeed the map for the Kilcock area is changed to available in some areas but not in others.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi mrbig

Apologies for the disappointing call to sales, I agree this should have been explained better.

I can confirm that not all areas in the shaded green area on the coverage map will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing in to the future. This is why there is a message located besides the coverage map stating:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note:[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif] This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]

efibre has indeed launched in Kilcock however not all areas have had upgraded cabinets installed. Cabinets serve specific area within the shaded green area such as specific estates and streets so if you would like to PM me your specific address I will look into plans for your area and offer you the best indication of when you can expect an upgrade to be available to your address.[font=Calibri","sans-serif]

Thanks

Al
     [/font]

Advertisement