Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 30-04-2014 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've was banned for a week from politics for "ignoring a moderator's instructions"

Scofflaw has upheld the ban via PM

The thread in question is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97080

I was trying to keep the thread on topic but I was the one banned, even though alastair was the one constantly dragging the topic offline.

The issue also remains, there is a clear double standards being used when moderating the forum and mods have not given any explanation.

The ban imo is unfair and it seems to me one post by me was picked out to stop me raising legitimate issues on the forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Villain - as you have completed the 1st step I will look into this now for you.
    Can you please forward on the full PM exchange you have had with the mods in relation to this ban?

Thanks
    Taltos

OK Villain I have gone through the recent posts on the thread and was surprised to find the following from the 24th.
    K-9 wrote: »
    Mod:

We've been through this with you countless times on this very thread, admins and even the owner of the site explained it to you. There is no point going over and over and over it again, you aren't willing to budge on your perception whatsoever..

Do not post in this thread again, thank you.

I'll address the point raised yesterday in my next post.

Despite this request from the mod you continued to post and belabour your point, despite being explicitly requested not to post again.
    Based purely on this I can see no grounds to reverse the ban. I would caution you though that if you insist on contributing in this fashion you will shortly lose all posting rights in Politics.

You may of course request an admin review, please let us know otherwise I'll request this DRP be closed.
    (Note it is not our policy to discuss actions taken against other posters so we will not go down that route here.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Taltos wrote: »
    OK Villain I have gone through the recent posts on the thread and was surprised to find the following from the 24th.

Despite this request from the mod you continued to post and belabour your point, despite being explicitly requested not to post again.
    Based purely on this I can see no grounds to reverse the ban. I would caution you though that if you insist on contributing in this fashion you will shortly lose all posting rights in Politics.

You may of course request an admin review, please let us know otherwise I'll request this DRP be closed.
    (Note it is not our policy to discuss actions taken against other posters so we will not go down that route here.)

I took that to mean in relation to a particular issue and as I pointed out I wasn't looking to discuss that again, the admins have said what they said and I have to accept that.

Are you saying I can never post on that thread again in politics or I will be banned? If so then yes please have an admin review it.

The double standards in the forum and bias against one party is rather worrying.

You are claiming bias but I don't know you or your history from Adam. I am purely basing your complaint on posts leading upto the ban, including posts from others and your ongoing refusal to move beyond anything around Adams.

I will flag this to the Admin team now to review at your request.

Taltos.

Just to set the record straight the history and reason for my previous posts in the thread which resulted in Dav and Devore etc getting involved were actually not based on Adams at all they were related to Bertie and how he was protected and the fact that a previous mod revealed they were protecting him years ago in a PM to me.

That is done and dusted as the admins say it didn't happen, we just have to agree to disagree.

The bigger issue is how people are allowed call one person a liar without proof but not another, an example being Adams

• Advertisement

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I will review this and get back to you.

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you. However, the ban was for only one week and had been lifted prior to me getting involved.

Firstly, I don't frequent the Politics forum. While I do take interest in the topic, I contain my interest to the daily papers and, on occasion, the evening news.

To the matter at hand, what I can see is somebody who won't let something go, despite numerous warnings. Multiple warnings were issued, I think the mods displayed a great deal of restraint, yet you insisted on pushing it.

In this context, the one week ban was warranted.

Thanks can you clarify if I can post in the thread "Discussion on rules" in the forum again?

The mod K-9 has given clear instruction on thread - you are not to post in that thread again. The instruction cannot be clearer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90075184&postcount=1262

• Advertisement

And that cannot be appealed?

Hi Villain. You can discuss it with the Politic mods. But keep in mind that actions such as this are normally to prevent a poster from continuing to post in a manner that would mean total loss of access to the forum. In effect protecting a poster from themselves.

Villain wrote: »
    And that cannot be appealed?

Seriously? Stop digging.

Infractions and bans are open to appeal, thread bans are not.

So I suggest you comply with the direction of the mods and keep your nose clean.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Seriously? Stop digging.

Infractions and bans are open to appeal, thread bans are not.

So I suggest you comply with the direction of the mods and keep your nose clean.

Did you even bother to read the history?

I sent the mods a PM I'll leave it up to them I couldn't be bothered opening feedback threads etc. People can make up their own mind if Politics here is biased.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement