Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook can be so depressing...

• 30-04-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

There is a 'debacle' (for want of a better word) on there at the moment with a certain Animal Rescue group being slagged off, pictures taken out of context (I think) posted by a fake profile, a page set up to close this place down, then supporters on the rescues page defending it, people are being so vitriolic and really quite vile, especially on the side of shutting it down, people seem to be jumping on the bandwagon and the keyboard warriors are out in force, all I keep thinking is 'what about the animals', it's really gotten to me, in fact I've had to block those pages so I can't look at them for a while. The internet really can bring out the worst in people.

Comments

It is terrible, there is a grab the pitchforks mentality and it can be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

I know loads of people who were banned from that particular rescue's page for asking simple questions though; nothing vile or defamatory, just simple questions when they hadn't seen any posts about certain animals for a while. Their posts were deleted and they were blocked. So it makes me wonder what's really going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Im wondering if it is a certain rescue that I used to have on my Facebook who would regularly post very depressing and shaming statuses about how people refused to donate and help and how they might as well just shut down if people weren't bothered and that people were happy to donate to other rescues and what was so wrong with theirs etc.

Advertisement