Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking News: John O'Donovan Injured During Peaceful Protest Mod Warning #146

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

old hippy wrote: »
    And one wonders why things remain stagnant back home. :(

Who's wondering? Things are going fine, thanks for your consideration though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 m31

It's hard to read this and not laugh...

Yes ABajaninCork easy to laugh . Well done you . Do you work? Or are you a dole head ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

m31 wrote: »
    Yes ignorance is very bliss , specially in your case .
    You were just being a smart ass with your dole comments i guess ( rolls eyes )

I hope you are secure and safe in your happy world and your family are not hungry .

You fail to realise there are people in our country who cannot afford any more taxes.

It really is that simple.
    Enough is really enough .

It has to stop somewhere , the rich of this country get richer and the poor , well fook them !

No I was not being a smart ass with my dole comments I genuinely want you to put up a link showing where I said anything of the sort. Now please do show me.

Valetta wrote: »
    As I said in another thread- I hope he spent his few hours waiting on treatment in A & E joining up the dots.

Totally avoidable incident coused wholly by Mr. O'Donovan.

He should be charged with wasting scarce public resources.

He's been treated and released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Treated to what though?

• Advertisement

evilivor wrote: »
    Can they deduct it from dole?

How do you know this man is/was receiving any welfare payments ? At the time you posted your sly diggy remark , he was still in the hospital . Please god everyone is ok from the actions of everyone this morning .

Would be nice if we could have less snide " DOLE " comments thank you !

There's an element of this protest that is rotten to the core. Fair play to the genuine ones, but looking at various social media some of the behaviour is sickening. The video going around of people walking around after the Labour candidate in Dublin is unpleasant viewing. Protesting about something doesn't give you the right to turn into a self-righteous scumbag.

How do you know this man is/was receiving any welfare payments ? At the time you posted your sly diggy remark , he was still in the hospital . Please god everyone is ok from the actions of everyone this morning .

Would be nice if we could have less snide " DOLE " comments thank you !

Would also be nice if people making accusations could post evidence supporting said accusations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes ABajaninCork easy to laugh . Well done you . Do you work? Or are you a dole head ?

Not that it's any of your business, but no. I don't work. Neither am I a 'dole head' as you so eloquently put it. But I am on the dole.

However - this country is the only one I know of where you don't pay for water. The level of hysteria on this thread is amazing. Like it or not, the water charges are here, and they're staying here. Water has to be treated, and stored. The sewers need to be maintained. The pipes need to carry water to the taps need to be maintained. How do you expect to pay for all of that?

Having said that. What I don't want to see with the water rates is that money going to pay off the bankers, and the revenues raised should instead be used to maintain safe and healthy water supply. I don't want a repeat of the crap we went through in 2009, when we had no water at all for TWO WEEKS. I don't want to read of people in the west of the country unable to rely on safe drinking water, instead having to boil it for YEARS. That is unacceptable in a supposedly developed country. I don't see paying water rates as a show stopper having paid them at home in the UK - whether I had a job or not. Even in Barbados which is supposedly a developing country, they realise water has to treated, stored, maintained and PAID FOR.

That's why I had a quiet chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

At who's cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

There's an element of this protest that is rotten to the core. Fair play to the genuine ones, but looking at various social media some of the behaviour is sickening. The video going around of people walking around after the Labour candidate in Dublin is unpleasant viewing. Protesting about something doesn't give you the right to turn into a self-righteous scumbag.

What about the treatment of Phil Prendergast? She was walking through Cork city at the start of the month on the way to the Ciaran Lynch's father's funeral and was approached by a person who called her “Labour scum” before spitting phlegm in her eye.

geeksauce wrote: »
    Would also be nice if people making accusations could post evidence supporting said accusations.

Twice i have posted your "dole" comment . Pointed out to you .
    Maybe you don't like that . I have made my point

To quote yourself

" Ignorance is bliss isn't it? "
    End of discussion with you Bye now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Best thread on here in a long time! Keep those posts coming.

Twice i have posted your "dole" comment . Pointed out to you .
    Maybe you don't like that . I have made my point

To quote yourself

" Ignorance is bliss isn't it? "
    End of discussion with you Bye now .

Where exactly have you posted it.

Are you ending the discussion because you can't post it because I never said any such thing?

Seriously time you posted up some evidence please. (3rd time asking now)

Treated to what though?

A free ride in an ambulance, courtesy ot the very generous taxpayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

A free ride in an ambulance, courtesy ot the very generous taxpayer.

I believe he shared his spin with an Irish Water worker too, who was also briefly hospitalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

evilivor wrote: »
    What about the treatment of Phil Prendergast? She was walking through Cork city at the start of the month on the way to the Ciaran Lynch's father's funeral and was approached by a person who called her “Labour scum” before spitting phlegm in her eye.

Gross behaviour wouldn't wish it on anybody but it is a matter for the Gardaí but the politician in question had no problem milking it for all she could get in the media.

Not that it's any of your business, but no. I don't work. Neither am I a 'dole head' as you so eloquently put it. But I am on the dole.

However - this country is the only one I know of where you don't pay for water. The level of hysteria on this thread is amazing. Like it or not, the water charges are here, and they're staying here. Water has to be treated, and stored. The sewers need to be maintained. The pipes need to carry water to the taps need to be maintained. How do you expect to pay for all of that?

Having said that. What I don't want to see with the water rates is that money going to pay off the bankers, and the revenues raised should instead be used to maintain safe and healthy water supply. I don't want a repeat of the crap we went through in 2009, when we had no water at all for TWO WEEKS. I don't want to read of people in the west of the country unable to rely on safe drinking water, instead having to boil it for YEARS. That is unacceptable in a supposedly developed country. I don't see paying water rates as a show stopper having paid them at home in the UK - whether I had a job or not. Even in Barbados which is supposedly a developing country, they realise water has to treated, stored, maintained and PAID FOR.

That's why I had a quiet chuckle.

LoL , Someone asked earlier when is the next fun moon? Pure cloud cuckoo land stuff right there . Maybe you need to work like all the others are saying re " working " instead of being on the dole ABajaninCork .

What happened to Phil Prendergast was disgusting in the extreme. If that happened to me, I would've knocked the geezer spark out. I don't agree with her politics, but there's a right way and a wrong way to protest. Spitting in a lady's eye (big man indeed for doing that) ain't one of them.

You can protest. It is the right of every citizen in a democracy to do that in a peaceful manner. Acting like ignorant p****s isn't the way to do it. You've immediately lost the argument that way.

LoL , Someone asked earlier when is the next fun moon? Pure cloud cuckoo land stuff right there . Maybe you need to work like all the others are saying re " working " instead of being on the dole ABajaninCork .

So no sign of that evidence yet then no? Just making stuff up are ya?

Never known anyone to lose their credibility here after 5 or 6 posts. That must be a new record.

• Advertisement

And maybe you ought to knock off the offensive comments. Is your life so boring you've got to comment on my business? Grow up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

**Banned** for breach of forum charter - comments must be about a topic or post, not about a boards member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

What happened to Phil Prendergast was disgusting in the extreme. If that happened to me, I would've knocked the geezer spark out. I don't agree with her politics, but there's a right way and a wrong way to protest. Spitting in a lady's eye (big man indeed for doing that) ain't one of them.

You can protest. It is the right of every citizen in a democracy to do that in a peaceful manner. Acting like ignorant p****s isn't the way to do it. You've immediately lost the argument that way.

I agree wholeheartedly - I support the anti-water metering brigade's right to protest - I just don't support their right to stop people going about their jobs.

geeksauce wrote: »
    So no sign of that evidence yet then no? Just making stuff up are ya?

Never known anyone to lose their credibility here after 5 or 6 posts. That must be a new record.

**Banned** for breach of forum charter - comments must be about a topic or post, not about a boards member.

Ok, this topic is getting a bit too hot, so please cool down.....cold water is good for that :rolleyes:

Please keep to topic, no comments about other members will be allowed & no abuse directed at either the person mentioned in this post or the Irish water workers please.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I believe he shared his spin with an Irish Water worker too, who was also briefly hospitalised.

"Two hospitalised at water protest
    An anti-water charge protester and an Irish Water contract worker were hospitalised for a time following a number of incidents at a housing estate in Cork this morning.
    Protesters have been preventing Irish Water contract workers from installing water meters at the Ashbrook Heights estate in Togher in the city for the past eight days.
    It is understood that workers arrived at the estate at 6.30am this morning to install meters.
    Residents contacted members of an anti-water charge group who also went to the estate.
    Tensions rose and gardaí attended the scene.
    One of the workers was brought to hospital after an incident developed.
    He received what is understood to have been a minor injury to his arm, but he was not detained in hospital.
    An ambulance was called for one of the protesters shortly before 11am and he was taken to Cork University Hospital.
    He was released from hospital after an assessment.
    The man told RTÉ News he received a muscular injury."
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0430/613899-water-charges/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The second I heard from RedFM that someone had been injured I turned to my friend and said, " I bet that was John now".

Interesting that he's so predictable! I'd love to see a video of what happened.

Interesting listening on Newstalk. The plan to set up Irish Water as a private company is to allow it to self finance capital projects on the international markets. It should then be able to raise money for capital investment without needing State aid. This will allow investment which will reduce waste and improve efficiencies leading to large cost savings in supplying clean water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

From above

Interesting listening on Newstalk. The plan to set up Irish Water as a private company is to allow it to self finance capital projects on the international markets. It should then be able to raise money for capital investment without needing State aid. This will allow investment which will reduce waste and improve efficiencies leading to large cost savings in supplying clean water.

.. to international companies and states in an innovative water for oil exchange with the Middle East ...

Chalk it down.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    The second I heard from RedFM that someone had been injured I turned to my friend and said, " I bet that was John now".

Interesting that he's so predictable! I'd love to see a video of what happened.

He was hit by a METEoRite....

Advertisement