Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with wifi after ios 7.1.1 update

• 30-04-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

This is driving me nuts.
    Since doing the ios 7.1.1 update (I have a 4S), wifi is not working properly.
    It only works when standing no more then 2 metres from the router! Any further away, and the signal goes weak and just says "unable to join the network eircomxxxx"

It's definitely not my network connection because other devices in the house are working fine, and I'm having the same issue with the wifi in work.
    So frustrating and I have no idea what to do.

Tried restarting the modem, restarting my phone, doing a network settings reset on the 4S, all to no avail.

Is anyone else having this issue? What can I do? Battery life is also terrible now because of this update.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Zcott wrote: »

Yeah, I know. I had a look at those forums, but there doesn't seem to be any solutions. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

My problem seems to be when I try to update apps OTA the wifi drops and I have to use Airplane mode to "restart" the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Lost my wifi since the latest update - doesn't seem to be any fix for it either :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

jdee99 wrote: »
    Lost my wifi since the latest update - doesn't seem to be any fix for it either :-(

The 4s has a horrible record with wifi problems following updates.

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The 4s has a horrible record with wifi problems following updates.

That's so ridiculous, though! Who do you even go to with a problem?

If only you could uninstall updates ughh. Do apple even care to fix these problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

have the same prob simce 7.1
    I rang apple 1800 number they were pleasant but as my 4s is out of warranty they cant do anything for me other than repair it for approx. 200 euro

they said the update has probably brought up an underlying issue with my wifi :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Rocket19 wrote: »

If only you could uninstall updates ughh. Do apple even care to fix these problems?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Guide-How-to-Downgrade-from-iOS-7-to-iOS-6-384891.shtml

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I would be 99% sure that isn't going to work now. Apple were still signing iOS 6 for maybe a week after 7 came out, that window is long closed. It's essentially impossible to go back now I would have thought.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I would be 99% sure that isn't going to work now. Apple were still signing iOS 6 for maybe a week after 7 came out, that window is long closed. It's essentially impossible to go back now I would have thought.

I'd be a bit scared to try that tbh.
    Haven't gotten round to contacting apple yet..hopefully I won't be fobbed off :L
    Updating to 7 was fine, just 7.1.1 brought issues.

I have a feeling they're going to ask for money for repairs which is just ridiculous, but it doesn't seem like there's many more options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP may i suggest one last thing?

Back up your data and restore the phone to new and see if you still experience the same issue.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I'm having the same problem on my ipad 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Same problems here with ipad 3.
    This is really shoddy stuff, I would expect an awful lot better from Apple. They don't seem to care what their customers think/experience anymore.

Advertisement