Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.boards.ie loading instead of touch.boards.ie

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Since about 10 days ago 'boards.ie' automatically redirects to 'www.boards.ie' instead of 'touch.boards.ie' on Google Chrome on Android. It still loads touch.boards.ie fine on the native Android browser, any idea why this is happening? I can't even type touch.boards.ie into Chrome anymore without it redirecting to the full site.

Thanks for your help.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

I was having this problem aswel but if you scroll down to the bottom of the site and click on touch site or something like that it should return to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not happening with me - sounds like a phone setting?
    What do you have?

For example on the HTC One - when you goto a page on the top right there is a drop down menu - here I can select "Request Desktop site" which if I leave unchecked brings me to touch even when I type in the normal site.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

IIRC, this is a cookie issue. At the bottom of the full site page, there is a link to the touch site. If you click that, your browser should remember your choice when visiting boards.ie in the future.

This also works if you can find the link to the full site on the touch site, so it's possible that at some point you may have clicked that link.

'Request desktop site' in Chrome stopped working on boards a few months ago, the site pushed all mobile browsers to touch.boards.ie irrespective of that setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I can confirm that this is a cookie related setting. If you've tried changing by clicking the link on the bottom of the apge and that hasn't worked for you, please try clearing the cookies in your browser and go to either touch. or www. depending on your preference and the cookie will once again be set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks guys, it worked when I clicked the link at the bottom of the page. Now I don't have to go into my 'alternative' browser to view boards. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement