Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork casuals?

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Massively and entirely selfish on my part, but anybody willing to host some local games.
    I will bring along some extra equipment as needed (360, PS3, couple of low lag monitors, maybe a couple of crappy extra sticks if necessary).
    I would be more than willing to host myself, but this will involve journeying to the butthole of nowhere (Millstreet).

As I say, entirely selfish. I just don't enjoy playing online and I'm not gonna learn much constantly playing against just my brother.
    Will be heading to CEO again this year, and would like to get some actual practice in beforehand this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

dont think about it as selfishness..
    other players feel the same. and could also benefit from offline sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deskmenu

Chris IWS wrote: »
    I would be more than willing to host myself, but this will involve journeying to the butthole of nowhere (Millstreet).

I'd be willing to make that journey since I happen to live in that butthole as well. I'd be up for travelling more than 5 minutes too if it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Deskmenu wrote: »
    I'd be willing to make that journey since I happen to live in that butthole as well. I'd be up for travelling more than 5 minutes too if it came to it.
    Oh snap! Where you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brickterium

I'm shocked that there is another player, besides Desk, in Millstreet. We're right in the middle of town, if you have a 3DS I think I've met you on Street Pass before!

I'm shocked that there is another player, besides Desk, in Millstreet. We're right in the middle of town, if you have a 3DS I think I've met you on Street Pass before!

Millstreet confirmed location for all future tournaments in the South!

Edit: And yeah, that was me on Streetpass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Just saw this now. Good to see there are still cork people playing. I will look at getting my affairs together in the city and then maybe I can host some.

If brickterium checks his PMs we might get some games in today. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

sorry cant make it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deskmenu

I won't be able to make anything till the end of the month because of college exams, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

raah! wrote: »
    Just saw this now. Good to see there are still cork people playing. I will look at getting my affairs together in the city and then maybe I can host some.

You been saying this since summer 2013 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Hahahah yeah that's true vizard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

The truth is they're all waiting for me to come home because the Cork scene fell apart after I left. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

Doubtful I'd be able to make it out to anywhere aside from the city myself for the foreseeable future, so if some casuals or anything happened in Cork city itself I'd hope to do some.

raah! wrote: »
    Hahahah yeah that's true vizard

We should try get things running again before the long summer starts. Add me on fb or something easier for communication instead of boards. :P

we have a group on facebook called galway street fighter community, a good few of us on ther plan to do trips to limerick and cork over the next while to meet up for some games.. so feel free to join the group!

we have a group on facebook called galway street fighter community, a good few of us on ther plan to do trips to limerick and cork over the next while to meet up for some games.. so feel free to join the group!

Yeah I was gonna suggest making one for the Cork lads. Try to gather all the oldies. I remember we all exchanged numbers which isn't convenient for group meet ups. The lack of communication is probably why the cork scene died. Boards isn't a great help for this as most of us don't go on it daily.

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Yeah I was gonna suggest making one for the Cork lads. Try to gather all the oldies. I remember we all exchanged numbers which isn't convenient for group meet ups. The lack of communication is probably why the cork scene died. Boards isn't a great help for this as most of us don't go on it daily.
    Not a big fan of Facebook but notifications for a group would be more useful than manually checking boards, obviously.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not a big fan of Facebook but notifications for a group would be more useful than manually checking boards, obviously.

If you follow a thread on boards it can send you an email notification when a thread you're subbed to is updated. Just fyi!

If you follow a thread on boards it can send you an email notification when a thread you're subbed to is updated. Just fyi!

Yeah, I'm subbed to several, but I'm talking more specifically about when somebody starts a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

def interested in this if it goes ahead,preferably city center...still a chance i could hold it at mine..what day would get the most heads?would people b ok to throw a euro or 2 ta cover the electric costs?any extra monitors/consoles would also help..

• Advertisement

goodjay wrote: »
    def interested in this if it goes ahead,preferably city center...still a chance i could hold it at mine..what day would get the most heads?would people b ok to throw a euro or 2 ta cover the electric costs?any extra monitors/consoles would also help..
    Saturday is the only 100% definite day for me, Fridays are like 75%. Like I said in OP, I can bring 2 monitors, a 360, and a PS3 if there's any need for it.

i might be around on the 31st [may] for some casuals..
    im playing a gig there on the 1st

Saturday is the only 100% definite day for me, Fridays are like 75%. Like I said in OP, I can bring 2 monitors, a 360, and a PS3 if there's any need for it.

whats the story with sundays?mass,hangovers?.anytime i have game nights with my mates sunday always seems to get the best numbers..the 2 monitors/360 would be great.we just need more numbers.if we can get at least four or five gamers then sure.will i go ahead and set up a fb page or does one already exist?i know there is a tempest fb but no idea who has the keys to that..

whats the story with sundays?mass,hangovers?.anytime i have game nights with my mates sunday always seems to get the best numbers..the 2 monitors/360 would be great.we just need more numbers.if we can get at least four or five gamers then sure.will i go ahead and set up a fb page or does one already exist?i know there is a tempest fb but no idea who has the keys to that..

Always working on Sunday. Saturday is a guaranteed day off. Just the way it is at the moment.
    I never even knew about the Tempest page, tbh.

some of the other guys are talking about making the trip up from galway with me weekend of the 31st

just posted on fb tempest,see does anyone bite :)
    https://www.facebook.com/TempestStreetFighterTournament?fref=ts

some of the other guys are talking about making the trip up from galway with me weekend of the 31st

cant do 31st or the following weekend.anytime after that should be fine..

ill def be there on the 31st if you guys are up for some sort of session

Will make it to this one way or another.

• Advertisement

cant do 31st or the following weekend.anytime after that should be fine..

i read that wrong.. thought it said can? :/

Advertisement