Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Rock 11k Hill race, Sat 7th June Aughrim (Co. Wicklow)

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'm back involved in this race again this year. http://aughrimgaa.ie/run-the-rock/ Details up here for it. 20euros entry, with plenty of individual and team prizes. Challenging enough route up Cushbawn mountain (with a climb of 400m), but with some fantastic views. Online entry up here: http://www.active.com/aughrim-cowicklow/running/distance-running-races/run-the-rock-11k-challenge-2014

Also there will be a family funrun of 3.5km. All standards welcome, if you want to walk run or jog. Big spread of food afterwards down in the Brooklodge Hotel, Macreddin, which also serves as the registration point and start/finish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stirwell

Did this last year and thought it was fantastic. Tough going at the start and some excellent views around the hills. Stuffed myself afterwards so will definitely be there again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great stuff. One of my favourite places to run (one of the tougher climbs around too).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Did this for the first time last year also. Great fun. Will be going again. I would definitely recommend trail shoes for the terrain on the downhill section over the summit - my mate used normal trainers and found it hard without the extra sole strength and grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Great run yesterday and good weather also, unfortunately the results are still not posted on their site, nearly 24 hours later. I specifically asked the organisers after the run how I could access the results as I had had difficulty obtaining them last year and they assured me they would be online yesterday (Saturday) - the website is still showing 2013 results. Apart from this, it was a very well organised hill-run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Results up on www.athleticstiming.com/, and should be up on the Aughrim GAA website asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stirwell

Another great event this year timmay and the weather played its part. Had forgotten about the drag over the last few kms which nearly killed me . Looking forward to next year. Well done to all the organiser's and volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

1st time to do this, legs are in bits today! If you want to set yourself a physical and mental challenge, this is one for it! Weather was fab, organised really well, totally enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Runnerkilcoole

I really enjoyed this race. A good challenge. Hats off to the Sli Cualainn lads, great performance. I'll be back next year. Another great Wicklow trail race.

Advertisement