Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Reaction Cycles Delivery issues

Options
  • 30-04-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone else having issues with deliveries from CRC at the moment. I have placed 3 orders over the last couple of week and there has been an issue with all 3;

the first was delivered next door even through there was someone in the house, no a major deal as it at least arrived in the right area!
    The second didn't have the right phone number and was held in the depot for over a week before I checked as I though it would arrive the same as the first order!
    my mistake ordered again from them, this time I though I preempted the problem and contacted parcelforce and gave them my number so he problem would not happen again, this time however it is held because of the wrong address?

All 3 orders were process the same way through paypal with 3 different outcome, to make matters worse I have contacted them twice and completed their survey saying I would like to be contacted on the issue and still no reply.

would like to support them but this type of service is a joke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

I placed an order on Monday, still processing, all items in stock.
    I wonder if they are upgrading their order system.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

nikon74 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with deliveries from CRC at the moment. I have placed 3 orders over the last couple of week and there has been an issue with all 3;

the first was delivered next door even through there was someone in the house, no a major deal as it at least arrived in the right area!
    The second didn't have the right phone number and was held in the depot for over a week before I checked as I though it would arrive the same as the first order!
    my mistake ordered again from them, this time I though I preempted the problem and contacted parcelforce and gave them my number so he problem would not happen again, this time however it is held because of the wrong address?

All 3 orders were process the same way through paypal with 3 different outcome, to make matters worse I have contacted them twice and completed their survey saying I would like to be contacted on the issue and still no reply.

would like to support them but this type of service is a joke

They seem like issues with parcel force. I've had similar issues but it was on the couriers end, not so much the retailer (although not CRC in that case).

I don't use CRC that often though.

How do you mean by wanting to support them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered last Monday. Posted on tuesday. arrived Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

I ordered stuff a couple of weeks ago. Ordered on Tuesday. Delivered to house in Mayo on Thursday morning.
    I've never had an issue with CRC tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Never have had any issues with them, Im usually only waiting 2 or 3 days max for deliveries to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Sounds likeur issue is with parcelforce and not CRC

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nikon74

I don't know - maybe it is the method that I am using i.e. paypal to place the order or maybe it is parcelforce that are the problem. Will wait and see how this chapter unfolds and how long it will take to get the order delivered. But cant understand how one order has all the right details on the package and make it close enough and the others seem to have the wrong info on them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

Order from CRC almost weekly and have been receiving most of my orders the next day as of late.

Order from CRC almost weekly and have been receiving most of my orders the next day as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

nikon74 wrote: »
    I don't know - maybe it is the method that I am using i.e. paypal to place the order or maybe it is parcelforce that are the problem. Will wait and see how this chapter unfolds and how long it will take to get the order delivered. But cant understand how one order has all the right details on the package and make it close enough and the others seem to have the wrong info on them ?

I always pay CRC via Paypal and never had issues. I've placed an order again today so fingers crossed it'll be OK.
    I just checked my last order. Placed and posted on the same day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Always paid by paypal and never once had an issue with them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭RV

Is memory failing me or was there a CRC issue with credit cards being compromised a few years ago. As I recall they seemed to handle it badly. I haven't heard from them since and wonder if they ever decided to change their ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I've had similar issues with CRC,

For the people who find them OK are you taking the free P&P or paying the extra?

The_Sub wrote: »

For the people who find them OK are you taking the free P&P or paying the extra?

Free P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

The_Sub wrote: »

Paying with PayPal and also Free P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

Never had an issue with them before, but a package arrived this morning half opened with one set of cheap brake pads missing which was strange. My dad signed for them unfortunately without checking the condition of the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

ordered something via pay-pal just there. start the clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Ordered some stuff today. Wanted it for the weekend so payed the 2.99 delivery charge and it's been dispatched already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Anyone notice that there is now a minimum order charge to qualify for free postage, although its still relatively low hopefully they don't increase it anytime soon. Used to be very handy if you only needed something small, ordered a 2.99 washer last week but didn't need anything else. I suppose you could just add a couple of tubes to the order

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Never had any problems with crc.made an order on monday, all items in stock, checked order today and found it to be being processed. Very unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭changepartners

Ordered Monday morning and paid extra for fast shipping. Dispatched Monday but no sign yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Took 3 weeks and 2 e-mails to get a pair of brake pads recently. When I look in my order history, it's not there.....

Ordered a chain 2 weeks ago, still waiting.

I won't use them again unless I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I've never had any issues with them. Find them brilliant, very fast. I use paypal and free postage. Wiggle on the other hand- a disaster sometimes waiting three weeks for stuff on more than one occasion. I'd always choose chain reaction over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Anyone notice that there is now a minimum order charge to qualify for free postage, although its still relatively low hopefully they don't increase it anytime soon. Used to be very handy if you only needed something small, ordered a 2.99 washer last week but didn't need anything else. I suppose you could just add a couple of tubes to the order

Ya I don't like how they introduced the minimum order.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭f1000

never had a problem with delivery. maybe they are slightly overloaded at the moment trying to fill the Easter sale orders? I would purchase from CRC before Wiggle now due to their delivery charge, well for certain things...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Don't forget about swimcyclerun.com! I have no affiliation with them, but there is a thread praising them on here and I will praise them again! They were very the cheapest of CRC,Wigggle, etc for a garmin running watch that a friend was ordering recently.

Ok need to return a large-ish item to CRC (chainset).. should i just head down to An Post or would I be better off with a courier?

Thanks for any CRC returns advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

Ok need to return a large-ish item to CRC (chainset).. should i just head down to An Post or would I be better off with a courier?

Thanks for any CRC returns advice!
    You could try parcel motel as they have an option to send parcels using collect plus, when I returned handlebars to CRC it cost €6.50 and arrived back to them in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

The order I made on Monday is still being processed. Why are we waiting!

• Advertisement

Alexzont wrote: »
    You could try parcel motel as they have an option to send parcels using collect plus, when I returned handlebars to CRC it cost €6.50 and arrived back to them in a week.

Sounds like a great option, thanks!

Advertisement