Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father in law coming, space for activities needed!

Options
  • 30-04-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,

my father is law will probably spend few month with us this summer.. nice person, no bother..

But I know for sure that He ll be pretty bored.. he loves playing Chinese Mahjong (some sort of checkers)... So I m thinking that maybe there a space owned by the City Council that can be used (maybe once a week), for elderly people to get together and play the game...

Any idea where/who I should contact to inquiry about availability and prices?

Before printing fliers and try to get people together I wonna see if it's doable and the costs involved.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭barefoot

Try NUI Galway...I'm sure they have a Chinese Society....

sorry I'm not allowed post the link but if you go onto NUI website you should be able to look
    up Societies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Years ago they used to play Go in the Westwood on Monday's. Maybe it's still on?

091 Labs will have someone who knows how to play Chinese Mahjong also I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    Years ago they used to play Go in the Westwood on Monday's. Maybe it's still on?

091 Labs will have someone who knows how to play Chinese Mahjong also I'm sure.

Think they've finished with Go in the Westwood - if you wander along to Smokey's in NUIG of a Wednesday evening you'll probably manage to get a game of Go, if you ask the chess-players.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In the daytime, many hotels would be
    be happy to host groups for low cost, providing they buy at least coffee / tea.

Advertisement