Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit set up for Credit Card Payment

Options
  • 30-04-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Hi

I closed my current account with Bank of Ireland on the 25th of March. when I was in the branch I asked the guy to set up a direct debit for my Bank of Ireland credit card, using my PTSB current account.

I gave him all my details, IBAN / BIC etc, but this still hasn't been set up. I pay 100% of my credit card bill every month, and I've just noticed the €30 government charge is on it and I would like to get this paid before I am overdue.

I tried calling 365online, but I was on hold for about 15 minutes and I had to get back to work.

Can you assist me with this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi cloneslad,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

When a direct debit is set up on a Credit Card account you will receive a letter to confirm this however, it can take one full billing cycle to take effect. If your direct debit is set up for this month's payment then this should be indicated on your statement by 'Your direct debit will be taken from your account on or by the due date'

If this is not visible, you may need to arrange alternative payment for this month. Please see here for information on different ways to pay your Credit Card in the interim. Just to mention, you can also make an electronic transfer from your bank to your Bank of Ireland Credit Card.

We would also suggest calling Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 where a representative can confirm when the direct debit will take effect. Their lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturday and 10am to 5pm Sundays and Bank Holidays.

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement