Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight between housemates

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The OP has said it's within 4 miles of central Dublin. Rent sounds quite believable, especially if the OP had to move there at short notice for a job or suchlike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The OP has said it's within 4 miles of central Dublin. Rent sounds quite believable, especially if the OP had to move there at short notice for a job or suchlike.

they did say that, eventually, but the areas vary in that description, 750 does still not sound likely for a room to me, I havent been looking but Ive no come across it, neither have other posters that suggested its too high.
    I couldnt understand why they would remain tight lipped about it after coming on and spilling the rest of the beans.

it happened before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86620808

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

cerastes wrote: »
    I dont see what you're so annoyed about? its the other house sharers that have brought up their complaint.

Neither is it a question of how much water is used in your house?? I just dont see the connection, the OP never confirmed how they heat the water, its been suggested by others it could be one thing or another.

And last of all what has my username got to do with it? you can use Google, so cerastes means horned viper?? and?

I said Im suspicious of the story as the OP was unable to confirm the location in Dublin, despite being asked a number of times by a few people due to the rent price.

Im more suspicious of your unnecessary reply and defence of some other? person

I'm not annoyed.

Water is heated by boiler, as per post 10.

I mentioned showering for one hour as an indication that a hot tank can store enough water to shower for one hour, thats the connection.

I referenced being suspicious of your username as an example of how ridiculous you saying you were suspicious of the OPs rent/location was, that's all. Its completely irrelevant to the os situation and pedantry over minor details just derails the topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

they did say that, eventually, but the areas vary in that description, 750 does still not sound likely for a room to me, I havent been looking but Ive no come across it, neither have other posters that suggested its too high.

Well I've come across it, because I live it.

My 3 bed apartment is 2000 a month, and that's actually at a discounted price as my flatmate is old friends with the LL. Other 3 beds in the building can go for up to 2500 per month. This is Dublin 4. We've never had a problem occupying the room, people are practically queueing up.

It's not just the area you have to consider, it's the quality of the abode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Well I've come across it, because I live it.

My 3 bed apartment is 2000 a month, and that's actually at a discounted price as my flatmate is old friends with the LL. Other 3 beds in the building can go for up to 2500 per month. This is Dublin 4. We've never had a problem occupying the room, people are practically queueing up.

It's not just the area you have to consider, it's the quality of the abode.

I live in a two bedroom house in Dublin 4 for 890. The prices people are willing to pay astounds me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ranchu wrote: »
    I live in a two bedroom house in Dublin 4 for 890. The prices people are willing to pay astounds me.

You're only paying about 90 less than me per month (assuming your rent is split down the middle), hardly breaking the bank.

But no, I definitely wouldn't be paying 700+ just for a room. When originally searching in the area I budgeting for about 400 a month, but most places that came up weren't great and the ones that were nice were gone almost immediately. Right now it's a landlords market, they can charge extortionate prices because there'll always be someone willing to pay it as demand is crazy.

I'm not annoyed.

Water is heated by boiler, as per post 10.

I mentioned showering for one hour as an indication that a hot tank can store enough water to shower for one hour, thats the connection.

I referenced being suspicious of your username as an example of how ridiculous you saying you were suspicious of the OPs rent/location was, that's all. Its completely irrelevant to the os situation and pedantry over minor details just derails the topic.

It seems the OP has not stated how the water is heated, seems not to be clear about whether he's calling the hot water cylinder the boiler, or whether they are heating it using electricity or oil or gas. The amount of water in your cylinder or how many showers you get out of it is not relative to how many showers the OP can get out of theirs, it might be smaller or they might be running the immersion on sink? just dont know so cant really compare.

theres no relation or analogy for you to use between my username and my suspicion, just doesnt correspond.
    I never said I was suspicious of their rent or location, If they are paying that much its mad money, not that I completely disbelieve it, but I wanted to have an idea where was charging that much? which a few people asked and they never answered, still its unanswered. I was suspect of the story as the Op was asked these things and declined to answer after starting the thread? Im not even sure of the relevance of what he is paying? the OP brought it up, it was the OP that agreed to pay it and admitted they never even checked what facilities they would have inclusive.

This could all just be from my difference of opinion to others though or my suspicious nature?

I have lived in shared accommodation though and you need to have some agreed living rules, I think they are better to come up at the start, sometimes they are formulated after problems, other people that are more similar in their outlook manage to get along without rules.
    It can be a matter of giving a heads up of someone staying if they are not local or if they are not imposing themselves on the paying residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭whellman1030

It seems the OP has not stated how the water is heated, seems not to be clear about whether he's calling the hot water cylinder the boiler, or whether they are heating it using electricity or oil or gas. The amount of water in your cylinder or how many showers you get out of it is not relative to how many showers the OP can get out of theirs, it might be smaller or they might be running the immersion on sink? just dont know so cant really compare.

theres no relation or analogy for you to use between my username and my suspicion, just doesnt correspond.
    I never said I was suspicious of their rent or location, If they are paying that much its mad money, not that I completely disbelieve it, but I wanted to have an idea where was charging that much? which a few people asked and they never answered, still its unanswered. I was suspect of the story as the Op was asked these things and declined to answer after starting the thread? Im not even sure of the relevance of what he is paying? the OP brought it up, it was the OP that agreed to pay it and admitted they never even checked what facilities they would have inclusive.

This could all just be from my difference of opinion to others though or my suspicious nature?

I have lived in shared accommodation though and you need to have some agreed living rules, I think they are better to come up at the start, sometimes they are formulated after problems, other people that are more similar in their outlook manage to get along without rules.
    It can be a matter of giving a heads up of someone staying if they are not local or if they are not imposing themselves on the paying residents.

LOL, I declined to answer or you don't know how to read??? YMMD :pac:

LOL, I declined to answer or you don't know how to read??? YMMD :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86620808

Uh hh, I see

Jaisus, this person knows how to use the search!!! I don't know why you even stepped in into this thread, if your intention was to fight everyone!!!

• Advertisement

Jaisus, this person knows how to use the search!!! I don't know why you even stepped in into this thread, if your intention was to fight everyone!!!

I offered you fair advice at the start, tried to garner a bit of information with the view of offering you impartial advice, and I believe I only defended myself against one person that had a bit of a go. Im beginning to wonder if your housemates have a point, if you cant see things from someone else view.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No, but I always had electric shower!!! Electric shower is a basic need!!!! Specially if you're paying 750 for a room (not an house)!!!!

No it's not, immersion, combi boiler, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ranchu wrote: »

People are not willing, they have no choice unless they want to move to the sticks and commute which will cost them time and money.

I offered you fair advice at the start, tried to garner a bit of information with the view of offering you impartial advice, and I believe I only defended myself against one person that had a bit of a go. Im beginning to wonder if your housemates have a point, if you cant see things from someone else view.

Yes I'm the fu***** bastard of course.

You registered on this forum after me and already have 5 times the number of my posts. It looks you have nothing to do besides posting...

I'm sure I could make a search and get much more horrible things you say.
    But I'm not like you, I don't need to find your week spots to win an argument, and I'm disappointed you think I never put myself on other people shoes....

And say what you want, because I'm not replying to you anymore, the advice has been given to me and I'm grateful for that. You're to small for me fighting you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

You're only paying about 90 less than me per month (assuming your rent is split down the middle), hardly breaking the bank.

But no, I definitely wouldn't be paying 700+ just for a room. When originally searching in the area I budgeting for about 400 a month, but most places that came up weren't great and the ones that were nice were gone almost immediately. Right now it's a landlords market, they can charge extortionate prices because there'll always be someone willing to pay it as demand is crazy.

That's for the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I think this thread is done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement