Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new macbook pro MD101B/A

Options
  • 30-04-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello there Apple heads,

MD101B/A

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, OS X Lion

Seems to be the cheapest price
    €1,069 inc delivery to Ireland.

Is this a good price for NEW?
    (apart from flying to New York and buying it)

John
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Depends on where you are purchasing it from or from whom...That mac you've listed has a 3 year old OS on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

seems expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No. That's an old model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KildareMan83

But the apple ireland shop is selling the exact same model from what i can see for €1,249.

"13-inch: 2.5GHz
    Specifications
    2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
    4GB 1600MHz memory
    500GB 5400-rpm hard drive1
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Built-in battery (7 hours)2
    Free Delivery
    €1,249.00 "

Or am i missing something? I'm a Windows man, not very up to date with the macs. its for my girlfriend. what do you lads suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's the last of the non retina macbook pros and will be discontinued shortly. I personally wouldn't bother but it's still a good laptop.

The macbook air got a little refresh last week and is good value. It will have a smaller hard drive because it uses SSD instead of the old regular hard drive in that MBP you linked to but it is much much faster. Worth a look. The cheapest 13" can be got for under €1000 with student discount. Only 128GB hard drive but external drives are very cheap now.

My personal opinion is that the retina macbook pro 2.4Ghz/8GBram/256GB SSD is the best bang for buck mac out there at the moment. But it is a bit pricey. Can be got for €1393 if you are or know a student.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

But the apple ireland shop is selling the exact same model from what i can see for €1,249.

"13-inch: 2.5GHz
    Specifications
    2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
    4GB 1600MHz memory
    500GB 5400-rpm hard drive1
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Built-in battery (7 hours)2
    Free Delivery
    €1,249.00 "

Or am i missing something? I'm a Windows man, not very up to date with the macs. its for my girlfriend. what do you lads suggest?

I think that model is about 2 years old now. The margins on it must be huge.

If it’s not going to be used for anything intensive, then one of the current or previous-generation Airs is a better buy, if only for the battery life. They can be got for the same price or less on the refurb store.

Advertisement