Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Like to meet

Options
  • 30-04-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Where is a good place to meet people in Naas-Clane-Newbridge area . I've tried dating/friendship sites but most people on them are fake.I prefer a real one on one interaction.What I'm for look is club or society I could join , is there a movie or book club around . I did a Google but not much came up.

Mach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Kildare Libraries have book clubs, as you mention it.

http://www.kildare.ie/library for that.

Suggestion B might be the evening class, Clane, Naas and Newbridge all have something available.

There's South Kildare Photography club in Newbridge, as well as others I'm sure I don't know about.

You could also volunteer if you've an interest in something - coderdojo, scouts, etc (though that might not be the sort of thing you're after)
    D'oh! Just saw your signature.

Hopefully you'll get some more suggestions later!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Yeah I one founders of the Sllains and Naas CoderDojo, I am looking for people my own age , well atleast thooses who remember Bosco,

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Hi

I recently moved to Newbridge. I was based in Dublin before that and was pretty active socially so moving to a town is a bit of an adjustment.

I've started a Meetup in Newbridge I don't know how it will pan out but feel free to look it up and see if we're doing anything of interest.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed post a link here so just look up meetup.com

Hope it helps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I will get around to organising those Maynooth beers soon and well it might be worth trying to revive KLUG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

mach1982 wrote: »
    I am looking for people my own age , well atleast thooses who remember Bosco,

Simple test:

7823.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I will get around to organising those Maynooth beers soon and well it might be worth trying to revive KLUG?

I have to ask - KLUG?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kildare Linux User Group I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Linux and beers! Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Orion wrote: »
    Simple test:

7823.jpg

Is the "cristal gel" version a bit more recent? :)

Advertisement