Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online betting and mortgage application

Options
  • 30-04-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I've see a few posts about this but this has a slightly different angle. I'm considering trading up. We have a joint account which we both put a certain amount into every month - this covers mortgage, bills, shopping etc. I also have a current account which I effectively use for personal spending. I would have a lot of online betting transactions in this a/c, although these would still only make up a small % of the amount that goes into the a/c. We have never missed a mortgage payment or been overdrawn, I don't owe anything on my credit card and have no outstanding loans. So I have 2 questions:

When putting in a mortgage application:

1) Do I have to show statements from both current a/c's
    2) If the answer to above is yes, is my online betting likely to influence the application?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If there are transfers between your joint current account and the personal account the lender will want to see 6 months statements on both accounts. Lenders are not very happy to see online betting however an odd bet for Cheltenham, Grand Nationals etc. would be acceptable. It really would depend on the level of money spent weekly/monthly.

The fact that you already have a mortgage with a good repayment record and no other loans, credit cards will stand to you. So really if you can explain to the lender that you have a fixed amount that you bet monthly and never go over that I think they will look at it in a positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,469 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Some banks only look for 3 months statements OP, others 6 months. Just quit the online gambling for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

It would very useful to know what banks only look for 3 months statements????
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Some banks only look for 3 months statements OP, others 6 months. Just quit the online gambling for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,469 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Trish56 wrote: »
    It would very useful to know what banks only look for 3 months statements????

Ulster bank

• Advertisement
Advertisement