Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pubs Liverpool Street and Covent Gardens

Options
  • 30-04-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Over this weekend for the match and have time there on Sat so meeting friends in Liverpool St Station or a pub near by.

Any recommendations for good pubs near the train station on a Sat afternoon/ Also going to head to Covent Gardens(I know touristy and done it ages ago but cannot remember) any good decent pubs around Covent Gardens for 3 Blokes.

A decent London boozers as we are all grown men allegedly:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

The Porterhouse in Covent Garden would suit I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

The Pride of Spitalfields off Brick lane is a proper old school East End Pub.
    It's about 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

If I were you, I'd hang around Highbury/Islington after the match. Far more interesting than Covent Garden and far fewer tourists too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

djpbarry wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd hang around Highbury/Islington after the match. Far more interesting than Covent Garden and far fewer tourists too.

Bank of Frienship, Blackstock Road just up from Arsenal tube. Good Kilkenny man is the Boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/apr/24/top-10-craft-beer-pubs-central-london

Have a look at these boozers, they're on the increase as most discerning drinkers have had it with chemical schlop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement