Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - Tenery "Cheese" slices with Emmental and Gouda

Options
  • 30-04-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

These "cheese" slices in Lidl are lovely, I really like the Emmental one.

They are made by these people in Austria -

http://www.schreiberrupp.at/en/singles_not_individual.php

I read the most unbelieveable thing on the back of the packet "made with Milk from the EU and ...(wait for it) NEW ZEALAND:eek:

WTF - Milk is coming in bulk containers to Austria from New Zealand? or perhaps powdered, but its' still being imported from all the way down under :eek:

That's mad Ted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

vicwatson wrote: »
    These "cheese" slices in Lidl are lovely, I really like the Emmental one.

They are made by these people in Austria -

http://www.schreiberrupp.at/en/singles_not_individual.php

I read the most unbelieveable thing on the back of the packet "made with Milk from the EU and ...(wait for it) NEW ZEALAND:eek:

WTF - Milk is coming in bulk containers to Austria from New Zealand? or perhaps powdered, but its' still being imported from all the way down under :eek:

That's mad Ted
    Its just another global commodity like anything else, NZ produces a lot of milk relative to its population and its an export product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

People all over the world eat cheese made from Irish milk.
    85% of Irish milk production is exported across the world in various dairy products

Ireland produces enough milk to feed 52 million people

If you had spring lamb this year it probably came from NZ as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes but its exported already in the product, not exported in raw form. There's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes but its exported already in the product, not exported in raw form. There's a difference.
    No the milk market is divided into various different sectors, you have Liquid milk and other milk derivatives.

Advertisement