Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luposan

• 30-04-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting this and went on Zooplus but there seems to be lots of different types. I have one Staffie who's getting joint problems and one mastiff who's older and has had tplo surgery and more. Any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

snoman wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting this and went on Zooplus but there seems to be lots of different types. I have one Staffie who's getting joint problems and one mastiff who's older and has had tplo surgery and more. Any advice appreciated!!

Have you tried omega 3 fish oil tablets and kelp? I was advised before by a vet that they can be just as good as Luposan.

I was also advised your dog "needs to consume lots of cartilage and bone to build her remaining joints as strong as possible".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I’ve just started my guy on the Luposan, he has been on salmon oil for the last 7 years… he was also on Arthraid (sold to me by my vets) and while I found it grand it wasn’t excellent…

This is the luposan that was recommended to me… the pellets are supposed to be better than the powder:

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/supplements_specialty_food/bones_joints/luposan/129097

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/fur_skin_supplements/127318

I wont know for a month or so I reckon, but so far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yep I've been using the pellets for years and find them great! :) zooplus.es is often cheapest for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Pellets it is then....

Advertisement