Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a crepe stall

Options
  • 30-04-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

hi everyone. im out of work every summer and the lack of money is not nice. while i was in limerick last week at d milk market i came across a lovely crepe stand. they were delicious. it got me thinking. as i am from kerry and there are so many beaches i feel it wud be a great opportunity to hav a crepe/pancake stand. the imputs are very expensive and if you sell each one for 3 or 4 euro i thin i cud make a profit.
    Then I was thinking there must be a lot of red tape.
    could anyone tell me what i need to do with regards who to notify.
    Is it the county council, the HSE, bord bia etc. is there a licience i need , do they charge to hav a stall at beaches/ matches/ farmers markets etc.
    i hav my own hens, cud i use these eggs.
    any advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Contact IOMST, they are the market traders representative organisation. They will be able to give you all the information you require. I can PM their number if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

If you get a place you then need to register as a food business with HSE. You will also need HACCP course (one day) and all the places you get ingredients from have to be registered.

There may be some leeway for an artisan/cottage business using your own grown ingredients.

Probably easiest to talk to someone doing food in a similar way.

Advertisement