Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RNLI support needed now

• 30-04-2014 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Easy peasy to support,

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/11102-rnli-mayday-campaign-2014?locale=en

Just allow access to your facebook profile and allow it to post for you. Need 51 more by midnight

What it does is - if it reaches the required 100 people - it sends out a message automatically through your facebook page asking people to donate to the RNLI Mayday appeal.

Really easy way just to broaden the reach of their fundraising message, please support.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There will also be a family fun day in Skerries on Sunday if you want somewhere to bring the kids :D

10173628_10152431128580159_4804922850719909732_n.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Done!

Don't see a post on my profile though.... does it need 100 sign-ups first? Bit wary of "public" anything on FB, hope I haven't opened myself up to all sorts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Done

The one charity that in my opinion shouldn't be a charity or volunteer based.
    It should be a state service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Done!

Don't see a post on my profile though.... does it need 100 sign-ups first? Bit wary of "public" anything on FB, hope I haven't opened myself up to all sorts!

Yep, they have to get to 100 before it posts. If they don't get 100 by the deadline nothing will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Done

The one charity that in my opinion shouldn't be a charity or volunteer based.
    It should be a state service

I like you fancy a drink friday night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

fergal.b wrote: »
    I like you fancy a drink friday night :D

Im in the middle of finals exams :pac:

RNLI is my charity of choice.
    Spent many a summer over the last 15 years sea fishing in Achill, where my uncle was the standby coxswain on the lifeboat there. We're talking about people who have full time jobs, willing and ready to lay down tools, to save people lives.
    Why this is a still a charity and volunteer service I'll never know. it really should be covered in the emergency services along with the gardai ambulances and fire services.
    As should mountain rescue. It was fine 50 or 60 years ago, but not in this modern era.

Advertisement