Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap landline to mobile calls Ireland

Options
  • 30-04-2014 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭

My mum has a landline, no internet. What is her best option for cheap calls to Irish mobiles? Mods feel free to move if in the wrong place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

professore wrote: »
    My mum has a landline, no internet. What is her best option for cheap calls to Irish mobiles? Mods feel free to move if in the wrong place.

UPC do a package with broadband and phone for 25euro (i think) for the first six months. You can opt for 150 minutes of calls, which includes mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

it may sound mad but she'd be better off using her mobile for call s.

my mother has a phone on the same network as the main numbers she calls, puts 10a month in and had free calls to them.

the mobile lives beside the house phone in the hall!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    .. the mobile lives beside the house phone in the hall!
    Ah bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'd recommend a network like Tesco and register a clubcard with it, opt in, top up by €15, free calls to any network or landline for 30 days and keep your credit. A great deal. I moved my MIL to it as well and she loves it, she texts a fair bit as well so I signed her up to an umlimited recurring text bundle for €10 of her credit each month.

Before she left Vodafone, she was spending up to €40 per month, the month before she left she spent €70

Advertisement