Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.1.1 update - NO JOHNNY DONT DO IT

• 30-04-2014 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Looks lads and lasses... Don't update to 7.1.1, since updating my iPad - refuses to charge at times (like it'll plug in charge icon comes on, it WILL stay on but won't go past 2%) Safari crashes and freezes, and the iPad basically went sideways on me. So save yourself and just stick with iOS 7.x.0 or iOS x.x.x for Jesus sake.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Fine for me.

Not a bother for me on a 5S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Using an IPad 3 and installed the software upgrade this evening. Not seeing any difference, charging as normal etc.

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

No problems either with a 5s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fine here on air.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iPhone 5 and my battery flies out. Never had an issue with battery use before until I upgraded last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm having a problem with my ipad charging since updating to ios7. Sometimes when I plug it in it will charge, sometimes it won't, overall the battery life is dreadful too.
    Very disappointing update I'm finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

I also have issues with it (I have a threa on it), but I have 4S.

Battery life is now even more shocking, and the wifi won't work properly unless I'm really close to the router.

Never had update related problems before this, and it sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Rocket19 wrote: »
    I also have issues with it (I have a threa on it), but I have 4S.

Battery life is now even more shocking, and the wifi won't work properly unless I'm really close to the router.

Never had update related problems before this, and it sucks.

Have the wifi issue with my mobile wifi. Standard wifi works fine though! The battery seems okay, just the fact it won't charge sometimes and the constant freezing... Only started when I updated to 7.1.1, so it's not my iPad.. Never dropped it, or anything so I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

Same here no issues on my Ipad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

iPad 3' iPhone 4s and iPhone 5s all on 7.1.1 no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Significant battery improvement for me. Smooth upgrade. I would recommend to everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Any else think the screen is slightly larger on the iPhone 5 after updating?

Might just be wishful thinking. ;)

New glasses do great things :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dades wrote: »
    Any else think the screen is slightly larger on the iPhone 5 after updating?

Might just be wishful thinking. ;)

Holding it closer to the face? :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

No problems for me on iPhone 4s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fine here on the iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, iPad 3, iPad mini, iPad mini retina and iPad air in the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

iPad 4
    iPad Air
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 5s

No issues. None.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No issues here on iPod Shuffle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Also no issues on my Apple II.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Look lads and lasses most will upgrade with no probs but there are those who will have issues it's well documented and myself had a 6 month old 4s get banjaxed when upgraded from IOS 6 to 7, more to the point Apple admitted certain underlying problems with some phones and pads were being unmasked by the upgrade and making them useless, and backing that up they replaced our phone not once but twice (the 1st replacement was also buggered). The 2nd replacement 4s is happy now and working but there is no way now that the 1yr warranty has just expired that ill risk updating it again. It's like trying to put windows 8 on a 4 yr old PC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

A lot of the apple support forums have people with trouble as well

A lot of the apple support forums have people with trouble as well

With the many millions and millions of users it is inevitable that a handful will have some kind of software glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No issues whatsoever on an iPhone 5, iPad 4 or iPod touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Actually was just gonna post about this, Safari crashes a lot on my 4s since I updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

My 4s appears to have updated itself! I read this thread and thought I'm not in a hurry to update, but I checked my phone this morning and the update is done! Can the phone even do this itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

bladebrew wrote: »
    My 4s appears to have updated itself! I read this thread and thought I'm not in a hurry to update, but I checked my phone this morning and the update is done! Can the phone even do this itself?

No it can't update itself but it does download the update itself. You can delete the update manually though if you don't want it taking up your storage space.

Advertisement