Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    No,

Maybe but they don't want to be part of a UI and shouldn't be forced into it.

but they will have no choice as britin has signed up to once its 50%+1 in a referendum they will sign NI away...don't see why unionists will want to hang onto britin when its signed them away

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Have you pair not school in the Morning?

This is the standard of debate?
    It clearly wasn't debate. Mearly an observation. Most of those orcs look like they've just gotten out of bed.

kingchess wrote: »
    any desire for going it alone in the north?take away the stick that they beat each other with,they have far more in common than that which devides them

see 1922-1969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

bumper234 wrote: »
    Not debate, just my honest and open opinion which i am fully entitled to air on a public discussion forum.

Yep.
    You know what opinions and arse holes have in common......

but they will have no choice as britin has signed up to once its 50%+1 in a referendum they will sign NI away...don't see why unionists will want to hang onto britin when its signed them away
    That deal was hardly good for nationalists either, they are administrating British rule in NI.

Why wouldn't unionists be happy with that?

• Advertisement

Yep.
    lol someone's touchy,

were you that bald guy in the gaa jersey? :D

who goes to a party conference in a gaa jersey!! If that's the calibre of SF support no wonder they're doing so poorly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

We are going to need a Good Friday Agreement for this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

lol someone's touchy,

who goes to a party conference in a gaa jersey!! :D

Would an orange sash and bowler hat be more appropriate?

wazky wrote: »
    Would an orange sash and bowler hat be more appropriate?
    not if he valued his life. for all SF's talk of valuing freedom of speech a person in an orange sash and bowler hat would be lucky to get out of there with less than a broken nose and a few fewer teeth...

lol someone's touchy,

who goes to a party conference in a gaa jersey!! If that's the calibre of SF support no wonder they're doing so poorly :D

Well when two of the biggest self pontificating posters on the thread that can barely go a post without using their favourite term "whataboutery" have to resort to such pettiness, it is worth pointing out.

SF supporters are ugly says one, yeah and they dress bad says the other.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

not if he valued his life. for all SF's talk of valuing freedom of speech a person in an orange sash and bowler hat would be lucky to get out of there with less than a broken nose and a few fewer teeth...
    what a load of crap. SF have had all kinds speak at events hosted by them, Unionist Politicians, Protestant ministers etc

That deal was hardly good for nationalists either, they are administrating British rule in NI.

Why wouldn't unionists be happy with that?

this is short term...youl not find anyone happy at that...hence the certain repect for dissidents

are unionists aware that that there will be a referendum every 7 years...not like Scotland where they will get one shot at it

by the law of averages...they would be better off in a UI...outside of Scotland...(which lets face it they are more attached to)..the concept of britin isn't held up to a large extent

large parts of England outside of London/travelling distance to London englands economy isn't exactly strong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 656 ✭✭✭NipNip

Of course. And both nationalists and unionists should have their own states.

Are we thinking along the lines of apartheid here? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Does your arse ever get jealous of what comes out of your mouth?

Well when two of the biggest self pontificating posters on the thread that can barely go a post without using their favourite term "whataboutery" have to resort to such pettiness, it is worth pointing out.

It's not only that they dress badly, turnign up to a conference in a GAA jersey shows a level of disrespect bordering on contempt for the party when you can't even be bothered to put on jeans and a sweater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Yep.

Yip.

They still a bunch of fuglies though, to keep it fair and honest the crowd outside the police station were just as fugly and badly dressed as the crowd in the Gerry video.

kingchess wrote: »
    is gerry like the second coming in your eyes?and why do you think his left-wing policies would work??by the way why are the nationilast parties kinda left wing and unionist parties kinda right wing??what happens if you are right wing nationalist or left wing unionist?/

I'd say you'd get caught in the crossfire. :p

It's not only that they dress badly, turnign up to a conference in a GAA jersey shows a level of disrespect bordering on contempt for the party when you can't even be bothered to put on jeans and a sweater.

have you consider emailing them with your concerns for the dress code:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    because that's what you judge people on:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I for one couldn't give a bollox how anyone dresses. Politician or member of the public.

I'm odd like that though.

this is short term...youl not find anyone happy at that...hence the certain repect for dissidents

are unionists aware that that there will be a referendum every 7 years...not like Scotland where they will get one shot at it

by the law of averages...they would be better off in a UI...outside of Scotland...(which lets face it they are more attached to)..the concept of britin isn't held up to a large extent

large parts of England outside of London/travelling distance to London englands economy isn't exactly strong
    For the chance at a referendum, the nationalists are administrating British rule in exchange for a chance at unification every 7 years.

The GFA favors neither side, it was a fair deal imo that's why you have hardliners on either side that are unhappy with it.

As Jon Snow says a good deal is one where both parties walk away unhappy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Ok

Watch the video

Let us know where the camera shows a good looking person.

;)

NipNip wrote: »
    Are we thinking along the lines of apartheid here? :confused:
    No, that was one state.

For the chance at a referendum, the nationalists are administrating British rule in exchange for a chance at unification every 7 years.

The GFA favors neither side, it was a fair deal imo that's why you have hardliners on either side that are unhappy with it.

As Jon Snow says a good deal is one where both parties walk away unhappy.
    there is not a chance...there will be a referendum...they are administering power...as the other option is return to conflict...that previsously ended in stalemate...with loyalists (with help of britin) finishing it with mini massacres...unless the ira were to follow them into the mire and be more ruthless than them (which they are more than capable) it will only end with a disproportionate high number of innocent killed

there is not a chance...there will be a referendum...they are administering power...as the other option is return to conflict...that previsously ended in stalemate...with loyalists (with help of britin) finishing it with mini massacres...unless the ira were to follow them into the mire and be more ruthless than them (which they are more than capable) it will only end with a disproportionate high number of innocent killed
    I said a chance at unification, not a chance at a referendum. Which (I assumed was) needless to say is what a referendum is.

To say that the GFA was some sort of nationalist victory is wrong, it was a settlement, and a distasteful one at that for both sides.

Anyhoo............

Had my SF candidate here today. He thinks job-bridge is slave labour. I likes him. We had a good old natter. He was on about something GA said last night I think - FG pass the profits on to the rich and the losses on to the poor. Sums it up quite aptly I think.

I asked him whether they were getting any flak while canvassing - he said that it was quite the opposite actually!

PS. He was well dressed. I wasn't. 'Cos I was in the middle of de-cluttering cupboards. :D

I said a chance at unification, not a chance at a referendum. Which needless to say is what a referendum is.

To say that the GFA was some sort of nationalist victory is wrong, it was a settlement, and a distasteful one at that for both sides.

if referendum passes...it will be reunification
    it was a settlement...it was no victory for anyone...but it did help to settle many issues...however to dress it up as a prue success for unionists...is short term in extreme...no one won/came out shining from the troubles

No, that was one state.

So - are you going to displace all the people who happen to be in the wrong 'state' when you draw your little dividing line in this parallel universe you appear to be occupying?

Well I for one couldn't give a bollox how anyone dresses. Politician or member of the public.

I'm odd like that though.
    Yes you do, we all judge a person by their appearance either consciously or sub-consciously. It's human nature whether you admit it or not.
    NipNip wrote: »
    So - are you going to displace all the people who happen to be in the wrong 'state' when you draw your little dividing line in this parallel universe you appear to be occupying?
    No,
    if referendum passes...it will be reunification
    it was a settlement...it was no victory for anyone...but it did help to settle many issues...however to dress it up as a prue success for unionists...is short term in extreme...no one won/came out shining from the troubles
    Yes so the referendum is a chance. The word "if" signifies conditional tense.

It's not a victory for either side, it was a settlement, distasteful to both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The one thing that sticks in my mind from the whole affair is the rather sinister way the Sinn Fein cabal "tribe" reacted to the questioning of Gerry Adams.

Looking at Martin McGuinness and Gerry Kelly's almost shrill demonisation of the police & the holding of 'their man' made me feel a little uneasy, and certainly backed up my perception of who & what they really are! (we may withdraw our support for the police) was hinted at.
    The Gerry Kelly speech outside the police staton in particular with the mohicin henchmen hovering around him looked menacing if nothing else, and then there was the saintly Mural of their bearded leader that went up nearly before Adams went into the police station.

Oh Yes, and dont forget the image of Adams shaking the hand of Mandela, please give me a break :cool:

I can only guess that the next SF move would have been a mass hunger strike followed by the banging of bin lids on the streets of West Belfast until their wee innocent man was released back into the fold.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Mary Lou is so poor. I take it the lad from Donegal will be the next leader. Do they have anyone else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement